Customer reviews

Style: Twin Head Lock|Change

on 24 September 2008
If you want what you see on the screen, a genuine Kensington lock, then my advice is to beware of ordering from Beaufort. I know the Kensington lock well, we have them at work, so I ordered one knowing the quality. What I received was a Compaq branded item with a thinner cable and a lock which does not inspire the same confidence as the genuine Kensington item.
on 2 April 2016
Great product, I ordered two... One was a genuine Kensington lock the second wasn't.

Both do the same job but it wasn't what I paid for. Was in urgent need for the locks so haven't asked for a refund as they are currently in use in our enterprise.
on 17 June 2015
Does the trick. Was able to secure my laptop safely.
on 9 April 2017
Fits perfectly and does what it says in the literature!
Be warned that if you order this item and it is sent by Microvillage what you actually receive is not exactly the same as illustrated on the image above. I just ordered one of these locks and when it arrived this morning it was actually in a plastic bag with an IBM sticker on it, the item branded as an "IBM Slim Microsaver". Yes it is a Kensington lock, but it doesn't look much like the one on the picture at all. Will it work with my laptop? Yes. Will it deter a thief? I hope so. Just beware of companies who send items not as advertised...
on 4 December 2014
Damaged my macbook pro early 2008 15". The Kensington lock on my laptop got damaged. Almost like it just melted. If your laptop is as old as mine be cautious.
on 7 April 2011
The item that arrived from TechnicalTraders was obviously a repacked item. Nothing superficially wrong with the lock; looks new and genuine. But the packaging was damaged and showed signs of having been opened and resealed. Earlier store bar code sticker had been (badly) scratched off so this may have been a returned item.
on 6 November 2010
I bought this to deter non-professional thieves from stealing a laptop used to demonstrate software to the public - the sort of person who just sees the item and grabs it when no-one is looking. So we wanted the lightest weight lock and cable we could get. This does the job, and the cable is a good length making it easy to find an anchor point. But the lock and cable are a little chunkier than I expected, weighing about 1/2 lb (c 220 grams).
on 29 July 2008
This is a nice lock for a notebook, the parallel configuration of the cable is very useful for small laptops as it does not interfere with adjacently placed peripherals. I purchased this from
AbsolutelyFreeShipping, which is the cheapest option once the delivery price is included. I was given the wrong kensington model that (confusingly!) has an almost identical model name, emailed the seller and got a reply back within 10 mins, and the correct product a couple days later. The seller also asked me to keep the incorrectly sent lock free of charge as a backup. Both lock and seller strongly recommended!
on 16 December 2011
You won't believe what this thing did for me! It just saved me a lot of money. It works. You just attach it to an unmovable part of your home/office and you're set.