Customer reviews

Rainbow - 30th Anniversary Special Edition [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£5.87+ Free shipping

on 22 September 2016
Great item for a zippy fan.
on 28 May 2017
Very pleased with dvd and the service.
on 6 August 2017
pleased with my order
on 24 February 2015
Very good DVDs brings back memories
on 19 March 2017
good
on 10 March 2010
I've been a Rainbow fan since the 70's. Now, at 42 years of age, I bought this DVD on the pretext of giving it to my two and a half year-old daughter. I'm glad to say she loves it as much as I do. I've bought a few Rainbow videos/DVDs over the years, and I can honestly say that this one is the best compilation of episodes. Fantastic stuff!
VINE VOICEon 6 December 2008
I think it's safe to say that anyone of my age (was born in late 80s and am now nearly 20, FYI) would agree that Thames TV were behind some of the finest children's TV this country had to offer at the time: Button Moon, Wind in the Willows, Count Duckula, and of course, Rainbow. Between 1972 and 1992 (when Thames TV was sadly nationalized), it provided 30 years of memories, mirth and many other things besides.

This DVD, released in 2002, commemorates those 30 years rather neatly, as 6 classic episodes and the bonus of the show's very first episode are brought together on here. It's amazing to see how much the show progressed from "Shapes" (which is the title of the first episode), into what most of us know it as - the daily antics of Geoffrey, Zippy, George and Bungle in the Rainbow house, with the odd song and dance from Rod, Jane and Freddy (whose own spin off show was also a favourite of mine as a youngster).

Best episodes on here are "The Birthday Cake" (which I distinctly remember my mum/dad taping off the TV for me and me then losing, to my dismay, at a later stage), and "George's Secret Place". The option of audio commentary on the episodes from Zippy and George also makes this DVD a must have to pass onto generations to come. Long may Rainbow's legacy live!
on 25 September 2002
Have you ever thought to yourself about Rainbow lately. And how badly you want to see it back on Tv, well this latest edition on DVD offers just more than a few classic episodes. The bonus features includes an episode commentary by Zippy + George which is quite funny to say the least. Also, it includes the very first episode of Rainbow called shapes which has a very stupid Bungle and Zippy in shall we say "Over The Top" costumes.
Anyway, to sum up what a great DVD it is. A reccommendation for all of you out there to go and buy this once in a life time DVD that will keep your kids (or yourself) entertained for hours.
on 24 August 2009
My daughter just happened to watch an old VHS version of an episode of Rainbow at school one rainy playtime and was completely hooked. So I bought her this and the Zip Up Zippy DVDs from Amazon - she hasn't stopped watching them since, asking for Zippy on every single day! I remember it first time around and thought that there wouldn't be enough in it to keep a modern child entertained but how wrong I was, its still completely watchable and entertaining as ever - brilliant stuff!!
on 20 February 2006
This is hilarious! The first ever episode is dodgy, to say the least (but at the same time a genius episode!). I never saw the original episode when i was young, which is probably a good thing as I'm pretty sure the original Bungle would have put me off watching it for life when i was a kid, but watching it now me and my friends cry with laughter - the scary Bungle eyes, the ever so camp Geoffrey (though David, the guy in the first episode is also pretty camp) and general ramblings of the amazing Zippy are enough to keep anyone in stitches for a very long time, especially if you get drunk whilst doing so!