on 19 October 2017
This has always been a marvellous film. It was a real delight to be able to watch such a pristine version, the detail revealing even more of its bonkers logic and poised mangling of medieval tales. Worryingly, this film played a role in my development into early adulthood, though I have to report having only flung livestock at people on a very limited number of occasions.
What a shame, then, that the blu-ray advertises, in its ‘Special Features’ section, the acquisition of an accompanying iPad app, which, while still available at, currently, a cost of £3.99 doesn’t any longer link to the blu-ray, which seems to be the main point. In trying to obtain a refund, I was directed (only) to the app’s originators’ site, which just baldly states that this all-important feature is just ‘no longer available.’ I’m sure there are those who might still find the other features of the app to be jolly good fun, but these don’t seem to be the selling points. Please be warned.
Do enjoy the film, though, but remember that 5 is right out.
on 22 March 2017
I bought this to replace a copy that 'walked' when one of my kids left home. It's just as much fun and just as silly as I remembered. The subtitles worked a treat. Next time I watch it I'm going to use the alternative subtitles for people who don't like the film - apparently they are from Shakespeare'sHenry IV part II. I also am looking forward to all the features on disc 2, particularly How To Use Your Coconuts and Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Lego. This is better than the copy I lost and great value for money!
on 11 September 2017
Quite simply one of the funniest movies ever. The special package is brilliant. If you don't find this hilarious, you're dead from the neck up.
on 29 March 2017
Still as funny as th first time I saw this. A must see for any Python fan
on 24 June 2017
Brilliant never laugh so much
on 27 April 2017
All is well. Great blu-ray.
on 2 July 2017
LIGHTNING FAST SHIPPING, WILL BE BACK FOR MORE 10/10
on 13 November 2017
great Christmas present
on 9 May 2003
I'm not going to lie to you; you HAVE to be in a good mood the first time you watch this film. I have never come across another film that's as entertaining, creative, nonsensical and just plain silly as this. There is never a dull moment, from the moose business in the credits at the beginning to the totally stupid, but perfect end.
The thing with this film is that everyone has seen it and it's become part of our general culture. Bits of it just crop up everywhere, especially in computer games.
The first time I watched this there were some bits I really loved like the Trojan Rabbit, Robin's minstrels, Sir-Not-Appearing-in-this-Film, the moose thing, the Camelot song, the burn the witch scene, and of course, Terry Gilliam's animations. However, it all really grew on me and I love it now and can quote everything along with the best, and most annoying, of them!
Buy this! It is genius and the actors are brilliant. Long live Monty Python! This film is a national treasure and should be treated as such! Amen.
on 6 July 2017