on 19 August 2017
Exc. quality as usual for the Hoya brand
on 16 April 2017
the filter is spot on, in perfect condition
on 27 April 2017
did much of improvement for my photography!
on 18 September 2002
I have been photographing landscape for the past 4 years and most of my shots include water bodies (lakes, rivers etc.) and sky in them. I use polarising filters in almost 50% of my shots as it makes those clouds stand out in high contrast like cotton puffs and eliminates those unwanted irregular reflections from the surface of water.
I've tried several polarising filters and found Hoya to be the best. It beautiful crystal clear images with excellent colour saturation. Best of all it's so slim that you can use it with a wide 24mm lens without any shadowy edges appearing in your print.
Best quality. Recommended!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 October 2011
Another excellent Hoya filter in our growing collection. If you have never tried a polarising filter, don't be put off by the cost, do it now. The effect, particularly on sunny landscapes, is stunning. Now you too can take pictures like you see in magazines.

This is a quality item, it has a lovely smooth dampened action to the rotation.

The only slight drawback I have found on our Canon 15-85 lens is that at wide angle, even though this will happily mount on top of the UV filter (Hoya HMC of course) that we have fitted to protect the lens, it does produce some severe vignetting due to the combined depth of the rings - so you have to fiddle about taking the UV off before putting this on. But that is just a characteristic of the lens, not a fault of the filter. I think you might find slimmer ones, but at a much higher price than even this one.

You can find CPL filters for about a third of the price of this if you hunt around, but what is the point? If you've paid hundreds of pounds for a decent camera and hundreds more for lenses, why stint on something so key to the results it can produce? You wouldn't fit remoulds on your Ferrari!

Fine for us, very pleased with it.
on 9 July 2009
This is a must if you want those brilliant blue skies. I always carry this with me. It fits on top of my UV filter easily and you can still attach the lense hood too. Quite a sturdy lense, but do not tighten up too much as difficult to remove, I did this with my first one!!
on 1 February 2009
This is a great filter. I bought it for use with a Nikkor 18-200mm lens, and was very pleased with the results - Hoya does excellent filters made from optical-grade glass, with coatings to ensure that light is not reflected by the filter.

That said, buyers thinking of purchasing this filter might want to consider getting a larger filter with an adaptor ring instead. The Hoya filter isn't the thinnest of filters, and if you stack filters like I do, this might cause shadows to appear at the corners of your images when shooting using the wide end of the lens range.
44 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2008
I bought this for my canon 28-135mm Zoom lens and have been superbly impressed by the filter. Just brings out the colour and especially clouds on landscapes superbly. Hoya as ever have a great filter here.
on 19 February 2012
Bought this for only a little less than another one (Hoya 72mm DMC PRO1 Digital Circular Polarizer Glass Filter [Camera], which I also bought). Results were chalk-and-cheese: the other one has a pronounced polarising effect. whereas this one hardly changed anything.

Have returned this one and kept the other one.
on 26 August 2013
Having sold and used hoya filters for many years ,I find this filter well up to the usual good Hoya standard.

See one answered question