Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
A Good Album - Takes a few listens
on 13 August 2002
After listening to the album about 10 times now, I think the Leps were wrong to go with the single Now. It's not as radio friendly as some others.
You've got to admit, the fan base want the overlayered harmonized hard rock that was introduced by 3 time producer (and 1 co-produced) Mutt Lange, but you've got to give the band credit for trying something different. It's not as different as Slang was from their unique sound, but it is slightly more mellow.
The following songs are to me, the standout tracks
and possible single contenders
- You're So Beautiful - a mid rocker with nice harmonies and vocal
- Long Long Way To Go - a ballad that is lyrically brilliant and musically chilling. The chorus has the traditional harmonies
- Four Letter Word - A grooving rocker - almost a rap but not quite! Traditional harmonied vocals for the chorus
- Love Don't Lie - another mid rocker with great distorted guitar effects
- Cry - a rocker of sort! You have to hear this to appreciate it's strangeness
- Let Me Be The One - another ballad acoustic and strings
- Scar - This has the wild guitars that I like - a good rock track that would not be out of place on Pyromania or Euphoria
This is a good album with a couple of duff tracks. I'm not sure if it will do comercially well, but it is artistically different and yet somehow the same. Harder next time please,.