Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Hits 53
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 July 2002
Wow, I had heard that Hits 53 was out soon, so I thought I'd have a look at it on Amazon. I have bought Now 52, purely because I collect them, but there are so many songs that have been omitted from Now 52, that are here on Hits 53! These include some of the biggest hits of the year, Gareth, Will, Shakira, and of course JXL vs Elvis! There are so many songs on this compilation that I love, that didn't get a look in on Now, just like Rhianna's Oh Baby, The Calling, Kosheen, Faithless and Dido etc. CD2 is not quite as good as CD1, but they are still both great CDs, and very listenable! I love this compilation, and will not hesitate to buy it!! This makes Now 52 look dreadful!
on 3 August 2002
Every few months we get the latest 'NOW' compilation, which goes down well and sells by the bucketload. Then we also get the 'Hits' compilation, which somehow always seems to languish behind. Probably because Telstar, Sony and Warner always leave BMG in charge of it. This is obvious as Gareth takes priority over Will, with "Featuring the #1 single from Gareth" on the front. They coud have put "Featuring the #1 singles from Will and Gareth" but Will took over 'Hits 52', so I'll let them off.
The selection of songs are good - better than previous compilations they've produced and certainly the best since 'Music - Vol.1' There is something to cover all tastes - Westlife, THREE Pop Idols, an R'n'B-based second disc, but no JXL on my copy. Funny that... If this continues it could eventally rival the 'NOW' series. Of course, if all six record companies produced ONE compilation it would always go down a storm, instead of sticking the same songs on several different ones with different names. Far too simple though...
on 25 July 2002
Notice that the artist credit on "A Little Less Conversation" reads just "JXL". Not "Elvis Presley vs JXL".
The album could include a version of the hit with no trace of Elvis.
Don't laugh. They've already indicated that NSync's "Girlfriend" is the album version, which does NOT have Nelly, and Hits 52 had the Spanish language version of 'Whenever Wherever'. It's cheap little stunts like this that ensure irritated customers and keep the Hits series languishing behind NOW in the charts.
on 10 August 2004
These are comparable to the Now series but sometimes I like the Hits collections better. This was a very good set in my opinion.
on 9 August 2002
First the disappointment...no Elvis. Maybe he will be on Hits 54. After that, I must say this is really one of the best compilations I have ever heard, rivaling Big Hits 99 or Now 39 for sheer listenability and flow of songs. Disc 2 especially stands out, mostly female R&B singers providing a smooth listening experience. Kudos to the mysterious compilers. I must piggyback on a previous reviewer, couldnt all 6 record companies collaborate on one of these things? I mean, now THAT would be the ultimate!
on 20 November 2014