on 16 December 2002
This game, in a word, is fantastic! The graphics are superb, and there's also a decent storyline too. Apart from the normal blasters and trip-mines, you also get to wield a light-sabre as Kyle Katarn and re-learn how to use the force. Force-throwing your light-sabre through a line of storm-troopers is a sight to be seen! You can also use the death-grip on unsuspecting baddies, or you can stand at a distance and send out bolts of purple lightning and watch your victims get frazzled!
You also come across old favourites such as R2-D2 who help you out with security doors and so on.
I haven't finished this game yet - the best bit so far has been a light-sabre duel in the famous carbonite freezing chamber facility on Bespin! Wow!
This really is a proper StarWars game and will keep you entertained for a long long time!
on 25 June 2003
Ok there are plenty of 1st person shooters around, and probably a few technically better than JKII, however if you grew up dreaming of being a Jedi Knight or on the other hand you are still working towards this goal then give JKII a (decent) try.
My wife bought this game along with our Xbox for my 5 year old and me (well the game was really for me). Initially having played the PC version I found the two thumbstick control difficult (not being a veteran Xboxer) and put the game into the too hard basket in particular for my 5yo son who loves anything Star Wars related. It seemed once again I'd underestimated his ability as now a few months down the track we play the game in two player mode for hours on end - particularly going for team work in Capture the Flag and Free For All games.
The graphics and levels in the game amazingly recreate the Star Wars feel and the one player story mode has a reasonable storyline to maintain interest. Sound is excellent especially if you have Dolby Digital. I was annoyed that I didn't get a lightsabre in one player mode until getting through a good number of levels, but slicing through a bar full of bad guys in true Jedi fashion has made my perserverance worthwhile.
So for all the budding Jedi Knights out there I'd say go grab this game - entertainment is to be found in both 1P and 2P modes.
on 15 December 2002
The graphics are good. Sound and BGM is even better, especially the blaster sounds. You really feel like you're battling Imperial forces.
Each level is well-designed and absolutely faithful to the Star Wars Universe.
HOWEVER, the game moves so fast (which it should on the all powerful Xbox) that aiming using the right analog stick can be difficult.
Luckily, this can be remedied by reducing the analog sensitivity, so both hardcore and casual gamers are happy.
Anyway, this is a quality title by anyone's standard and Star Wars fans will be particulary happy. Definitely worth a try.
on 5 December 2003
I have a great time with this game as both my 4 year old son and my 6 year old nephew are really getting into star wars and we play it together.
The single player story part of the game is ok but it really comes into its own on the multiplayer battles, these are great fun and you can have full bot support (p.c players) as well.
The graphics are ok but dont really stretch the x box.
on 10 March 2006
this is a very good game but you dont get to start with a lightsabre but i know a cheat to get it at the beggining it is fudge this is a good game just like star wars battlefront but i would like to recomend this because i enjoyed this game it was a lot of fun but the story is hard to pick up.
on 17 October 2015
It surprised me to see an original xbox game that looks like it just had the wrapping taken off. Very fast delivery and really good quality.
on 10 May 2014
I gave this as I suppose the game was OK unfortunately I bought in haste as it was an Xbox 360 I had
And it was no use
on 29 April 2010
Great game, very interactive, even though it's a good 7 plus years old it's still fun.
on 5 March 2015
An old Star Wars Game but still remains the best Star Wars game.
on 27 September 2014