on 27 February 2013
I've had a keyboard wrist rest for over seven years which has done the job well. It's tired and worn, so I thought I'd buy a new one. I have a mechanical Filco keyboard so this should make it clear how serious I take my computer use and typing. The Fellowes wrist rest is about half the height and half the width of my existing rest. It doesn't even come close to being a replacement. Against my keyboard, it's so low down that I might as well just take it away and rest my wrists on the tabletop. I've opened it, so I can't return it - what a waste of money. Buyers beware - find something that does the job because this one doesn't.
55 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 October 2017
Product is useful, but quickly formed air bubbles and doesn't look very presentable on my desk. Not really worth the money spent I'm afraid.
review imagereview image
on 4 February 2018
Whilst it does the job, it gives off an odd odour even after months of ownership. Additionally, if you ever accidentally lean into it with a bit of force prepare to have a crater in the gel for the rest of its days. Accidentally leaned into it with my elbow once and now there is a ~1.25cm deep depression the width of my elbow joint. There are a further 2 smaller depressions from instances where i've been standing and put my wrists down "too hard" apparently, additionally all 3 depressions caused bubbling in the gel. Overall it has the durability of a wet paper bag, but it does it's job otherwise.
on 13 March 2017
Poorly made gel rest. It has split along one edge and started to leak it's gel out after just five weeks of non-constant use, resulting in the sticky stuff getting on my wrist and desk alike. You can see where the gel has leaked out as a small part of the rest is now completely flat. I only expect this to grow now it's started as its not my first gel rest to go like this. My previous one saw years of use however before developing this problem.

Update 11/05/2017

I got a replacement from Amazon for the first gel rest. The second lasted a little longer but has now split in the exact same place as the first. Useless product. Hard to understand why this is so bad because I have a mouse mat gel rest made by the same company and that has no problems at all.
on 29 September 2016
So, i got this to aid me short term while using a cheap mechanica keybord ( last one playing up so go a cheapo until i decide what to go for next)
Its long enough for a full keyboard and numbpad.
For me its a little too narrow by about 2 cm
Comfort is fine.. kinda...not bad on the wrist/palm
Grip is good for me , good on my xl mouse pad and glass table.
Major negative for me is that is tapers at each end WHY?!!!!? so while i said its ok for full KB .. it is not, im using it on a KB without numbpad.... and the taper still pisses me off.
And last.. i watched show with my elbow on it for 15 mins .. now a dent .. it may come out but 3 hrs (at time of writing) still there.
oh nice colour .. purple.. a bit too transparent tho.
So get what you pay for... yeah i guess its worth 6/7 quid.. if you can live with the flaws i found.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 January 2015
A while ago, I bought a gaming laptop. I soon realised that they tend to get quite hot when the action steps up so I bought a laptop stand/cooler to help it stay cool.

This worked well but then I realised that it was really uncomfortable to actually use the laptop's keyboard for prolonged periods because my left arm was being raised about 2 inches from the table and my wrist was bending upwards more than normal. After a while this started to put pressure on my elbow joint.

I decided I needed an something to support my left forearm about half way between my elbow and my wrist. Whilst a regular cushion will work it is really too big for this purpose so after looking around on Amazon, I discovered the 'Fellowes Keyboard Wrist Support'.

It is about 18 inches long so it will work well for both arms while typing. It is firm and also sort of 'squishy' but never loses its shape. For me provides just the right amount of support to my left arm without being too firm or too soft. I noticed one critical review said it was smelly & sticky. Mine is neither. I have quite an acute sense of smell and I cannot smell anything even when I stick my nose right up to it.

The top of it is smooth so your arm(s) can move about without any friction but the bottom is flat so that it doesn't slide around during those frantic gaming moments.

I have had the wrist support for two years now and it is has not lost any firmness. On this basis, I expect it to last for many years to come. Some reviews have criticized the support for being too low. I think this is probably because the are using their laptop at something close to knee height when sitting (eg with a laptop on a coffee table). When you are using it at a desk where the keyboard will probably be somewhere between stomach and chest height, it is the correct thickness.

In my case in particular, as an arm support, it is perfect.
on 20 June 2017
Very disappointed with this. At first I thought it was lovely - exactly what I ordered, lovely colour, very comfortable. But by the time I had it 8 weeks, it started to look a little weird, and I wondered if maybe my dog was surreptitiously chewing on it. That turned out NOT to be the case - the thing was just slowly disintegrating - and here I am in June and I've got it held together with sellotape to stop the gel leaking out.
on 16 August 2016
This is a fantastic wrist support - in fact we've purchased a couple of these from different places.

It is more flexible and giving than other wrist supports we've used/own - and as they're not permeable (like some of the 'material' wrist supports) they don't feel like they're constantly absorbing sweat - and are easily cleaned if they do get a little dirty.

They don't budge at all despite not having any adhesive, but are easily removed from desks without problem. It's also been transported a few times in bags and hasn't shown any signs of wear - although I think we'll shorten its life by doing this regularly, most people I don't think would!

When our other wrist supports wear out or break we'll replace them with this - and have married this with the same styled mouse wrist support!
on 15 January 2018
Careful of anything pressing on it. One side has "bubbles" in it. Also, it picks up pen marks so easily and they won't come off.
on 19 March 2018
It broke under my pressure rather soon, realising its gel.

See one answered question