on 24 December 2004
Futuristic, metallic dub from 1981. Very groovy and punchy with sonic depth charges galore, but for all the raw power this is a graceful and free breathing record, with radical decontructions and seamless dub-wise effects and edits. The recording quality is slicker than average too.
on 12 August 2012
I have this on vinyl & i've downloaded Red Shift and Laser Attack from iTunes, so the tracks listed in the MP3 download do NOT correspond to the songs I can remember.

Back in the 80s this album destroyed the Bass speakers I could afford to buy. I loved it.

I also loved the artwork & spent many hours looking at Scientist & his nubile assistants blasting Invaders.

Now I can only play digital, so I seek it's single-minded dub-bass purity again, to re-live the summers of my youth.

<0><0>
on 22 February 2012
This is my personal opinion: This is The Greatest Scientist Dub Reggae Album of All-Time! Not the most consistent but certainly very highly inventive and original dub mixed by Scientist in his peak period between 1978 - 1984. This is Creativity and Psychedelic Dub Reggae gone absolutely crazy and insane (especially some of the latter tracks). I won't spoil your enjoyment and comment on all the tracks - and yes, I do vehemently think that Greensleeves or any other Label/Distributor should re-release both Vinyl and CD version of this landmark Dub Reggae LP. The second-hand prices are insulting and offensive. Not recommended. Yes, the "Scientist Rids the World of....Evil Vampires.." is a more consistent album but lacks the sheer brilliance and individualistic audacity of some of other-worldly spaced-out zonked drugged-to-the-max tracks on this Legendary Classic Dub album ever recorded in Jamaica. Listen to some tracks on YouTube and/or other music web sites. Personally, young Scientist push the envelopes/boundaries of Dub on this highly-regarded & rated album. Never really equalled. Judge/Jury for yourself.
on 9 January 2016
Best dub album ever and got it on the Greensleeves label on CD.and not the Russian MNP dodgy label. but always sounds better on my scratchy old record
on 6 November 2015
Probably the greatest dub album ever...