Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 September 2008
I can see why this still sells like hotcakes! I bought this mainly for two or three songs at the most and fell madly in love with loads of others. The harmony of their voices blending in together is utterly beautiful, the powerful voice of the lead singer singing solo, the beautiful music and variety of instruments played. Not to mention the historic classics which couldn't possibly be replicated with anything of its kind makes it timeless. Music like this just doesn't happen anymore. This is something I can share enjoyment for with my parents and my children. Ten stars to this Zombies collection.
on 28 April 2007
What makes The Zombies so interesting is that they produced three oddly syncopated, jazz-infused and wonderfully different singles: "She's Not There", "Tell Her No" and the beautifully atmospheric "Time of the Season"... so good that no 60s collection is complete without them... plus two further "you really should have them" singles in "Whenever You're Ready" & "Care of Cell 44". Problem is how do you find them on the same CD. Well here's one of a couple of compilations that include all five, surrounded by several other equally distinctive tracks and a large amount of intriguing, but probably "destined to be played only a couple of times" stuff. Worth the money?... well that depends on how many of their "classics" you already own.
on 3 September 2009
This CD Has loads to offer a real sixties item great songs and music to remember those great days a true Gem
just sit back and listen you have 2 great discs so enjoy and cheap at the price.
When the Zombies hit big with their first single, She's not there, Decca hoped they had found an act to rival the Beatles. They hadn't (but they signed the Rolling Stones later that year) but judging by the comments in the liner notes, maybe the record producer made some mistakes. Nevertheless, there is a lot to like about this collection.

I once had a Zombies LP compilation, but got rid of it long ago with the vast majority of my LPs. Only recently, I came across (of all things) a country version of This will be our year, by the husband and wife duo of Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis. I didn't remember the song from when I had the LP, but having re-discovered that it was a Zombies song, I decided that it was about time I bought a replacement Zombies compilation - this double CD, which includes the Zombies original version of This will be our year, as well as all the classic Zombies songs.

Another great song away from the hits is Beechwood Park, which was on the classic Zombies album Odessey & Oracle, along with Time of the season and This will be our year. I may eventually buy that too, but for now I have plenty of Zombies music to be going on with.

This is a magnificent collection of music by a group who were under-appreciated for far too long, including by me, but are now gaining that much-deserved recognition.
on 8 June 2015
St Albans finest were were both so current and ahead of their time in the early1960s! Best selection and sleeve notes. (Rod Argent later went all the way back to the start of the alphabet). Dispatched from Europe so longer delivery.
on 1 April 2014
As with any album, not all of the songs are that good, but the three classics are there, and that's what matters to me. She's not there, Tell her no and the best of all, Time of the season.There are of course some decent ones which also make for good listening.
on 29 October 2014
All the old Zombies hits! Good fun and full of nostalgia! You get a lot of tracks for your money! Really good value!
on 11 May 2013
The Zombies are right up there with the Beatles as far as I am concerned and unlike some banbs of today they sound as
good today. They are great live.
on 8 December 2015
The Zombie's are currently touring again - One of the great forgotten bands of the 60's - Great price and some great rock tunes
on 8 June 2012
This CD filled all our needs as we went to see the Zombies live at the Wavendon Stables theatre in Milton Keynes just after we bought the product and were able to pick out all the songs we liked Colin Blunstone to sing, Jim Rodford to play along to and his son to drum along to. Colin's voice was magical. However, he did not come up after the show to sign memorabilia and apparently that is his normal way, he just doesnt.