Format: DVD|Change

on 27 December 2000
I, initially, had reservatons about buying this video for my, now, 3 year old. I worried that the length and content might make her lose interest, as it is not your typical Barney Video. However, to my complete amazement, she completely loves this video to the point of obsession !! She sings along to the songs, loves the fact that Cody (the boy in the film who, at first, doesn't believe in Barney) tries to be "cool" all the time, and really looks forward to the egg opening at the end - along with the lovely surprise. As for me, I like the fact that the children are not your usual "look-at-me-I'm-so-talented" bunch of Barney children, and I think it's great that the Barney production team can produce something a bit more realistic, without there being any violence or "scary" material at all. I thoroughly recommend this video to any family with young children, any child who likes Barney (obviously), or anyone who is a little bit sensitive to any kind of dubious movie charactors, the likes of which you find in the Disney films. My daughter, 6 months down the line, still asks for her "Barney With The Egg Video" and it continues to be her favourite !
on 5 September 2000
This film is Barney BJ Baby Bop in a tale of always finding the good in life, as only a Barney film can! My daughter loved all aspects of the film especially the songs which stay in your head. The film is the tale of 3 youngsters who are taken to their grandparents for a summer break they discover a magical egg in a barn. The egg leads them into a world of magical mystery and adventure where all your dreams can come true. This movie is a typical Barney feel good film that is perfect for children from the ages of 2-6.
on 14 November 2006
My 2 year old twin boys were given this as a present by a family friend. I had not heard of Barney the Dinosaur and when I saw the cover, I thought that I would not want to watch it. How could I have been more wrong? My boys love it and if I allowed them, they would watch it every day! The songs are vibrant, the story is entertaining and I even found myself "using my imagination" to immerse myself into the story. It is wonderful and children of all ages will love it.

Highlights for me include the songs "If all the raindrops" at Chez Snob (I defy anyone not to be singing and dancing to this by the time it ends!), "Imagine", "We're going to find a way" and "I love you".

Simply superb!
on 25 October 2005
Wow. This is an incredible film. I loved it right from the start all the way through the end. Everyone should watch this at least once. Truely amazing.
on 5 August 2011
My daughter first watched this when she was just shy of 2 years old and like someone else mentioned, i didn't think she'd sit there and watch it all. Boy was i wrong!! She sat there the whole time, mesmerized by the whole thing! After that we watched it every single day and she continued to adore it (she still does). I love the concept of the movie, it's different to what we're used to in Barney, as with the characters (Cody for example. A very nicely done character i find). The setting makes a nice change too (no park or school!!!), and we love seeing the Apple Day Festival and Circus.

I think there's two main reasons to get this dvd - For one, the introduction of Twinken, the creature in the colourful egg. It is ADORABLE. My little girl went nuts over him and i ended up buying her the toy in the end! Prepare for that to happen because he will, more likely than not, melt your kids heart. And two, there is some surprising humour in there that is obviously meant more for the parents enjoyment. It does get quite funny at times and even my fiance (who's a HUGE Barney hater) laughed and smiled along the way.

It doesn't get much better than this. It's everything you want in a kids dvd and more!
on 9 November 2012
Ordered this DVD for my son who is a big Barney fan. He first saw the film at the cinema when it was released a while ago. When I saw the DVD for sale at Amazon at this bargain price I knew I had to get it for him. The DVD turned up in super fast time and my son was VERY excited. He loved it.
on 17 July 2011
my oldest girl loved this movie when she was little. i bought it for her as she always talked about this film saying it was her best kids movie ever so when i give it to her she had the biggest smile on her face. it has been on three times since we bought it a week ago. my daughter is now 14 years.
on 14 December 2009
Barney dvd's are hard to find in the shops. My niece will love this one and the other one I ordered.
on 25 September 2014
I've searched everywhere for this movie my kids are being forced to watch it best family/kids movie ever, even beats the old classics it's a must
on 31 March 2015
The copy was rubbish, it had a small picture and had a few fuzzy lines round the edge of the picture all the way through the film!