Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£13.64+ £1.26 shipping

on 1 May 2017
I had sen this move at the time it came out, and it is just as powerful as at the time. Or even more, as in the era of political correctness the dramatically realistic portraits of the lives and behaviour of these sailors is even more shocking. Nicholson is a nuclear bomb of an actor here. Great.
on 25 June 2017
Item as described, fast delivery.
on 9 April 2017
Had the Twilight Time set but there were no real special features so I got this and I felt like here was more care and love put into it. Great purchase.
on 6 April 2017
More Jack Nicholson on BluRay*****
on 26 April 2017
Old format
on 25 March 2017
Great!
on 20 October 2003
'We ain't leaving this town until we've got ourselves a belly-full of beer!' Jack Nicholson's smile seems to spread halfway across the screen. This film's like the canal near my old house: it seems a lot shallower than it actually is. It's about lots of things - the way men bond; the effects of a broken home; America after Vietnam - but they're all wrapped up subtly in humourous scenes which could easily be misunderstood as merely 'laddish'. Fantastic script, fantastic editing, and all put together perfectly by Hal Ashby. In my opinion, this is an overlooked New Hollywood classic.
on 12 April 2017
This is my first purchase of a bluray by 'Indicator', and im not dissapointed. Brilliant transfer, sound is good, not the best, sometimes the dialogue is quiet, but i put that down to the movie and the way it was filmed. The package is excellent, a nice clear, clean box with a booklet inside filled with great pics and all about everyone involved in the movie, and the movie itself. Two discs.
I wont review the film, youve either seen it or you havent. But if your like me, and you are a fan of Jack Nicholson, especially his early work, this movie is a must see.
The other cast members are equally as good.
on 22 March 2017
If you have not seen The Last Detail then you are missing out. I am a Jack Nicholson fan and thought I had seen most of his work. I do own most of his films but The Last Detail even slipped through my net. Well not exactly, its just that I never got around to watching it until I had a good hard kick up the arse when the Bluray popped up on my Amazon recommendations.

The Last Detail is a great film, more or less perfect in fact. Nicholson's performance is way up there with his best. The entire film is up there with one of those everyone needs to see. I don't know why but it's just got that feel to it. It's understated but yet in your face with Nicholson going crazy and the dialog being very witty and very sweary. Over 60 F bombs! There is a very funny scene where Nicholson describes to a woman how much he likes his uniform because of the way it makes his d*** look.

I'll be honest, I knew very little about The Last Detail so if you are like me then I'll briefly tell you about the story. Nicholson plays a likeable loose cannon Navy officer who is given the task to transport a Navy prisoner across America to jail. Instead of doing what they are told, the trip becomes a road trip filled with booze and hookers.

Depite all the swearing and adult humour, the story is quite sweet with the Navy officers giving the young prisoner the time of his life before 8 years behind bars.

This new release of The Last Detail is excellent with plenty of special features and a nice glossy booklet. You need this film in your collection much like you need The Shining, China Town and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
on 10 February 2008
This Jack Nicholson road movie made when he was pretty much still typecast as the anti hero drifter rebel type he played so convincingly, is choc full of those Kerouac type one liners he loved. A crackling screenplay with some good scenes gives the man real opportunities to do his party pieces, as well as show a real gift for world worn cynicism. His acting is just so natural, yet very, very powerful. Has there ever been another movie actor like him, I ask.