Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(5 star). See all 17 reviews
on 15 May 2010
I am a huge fan of Jared Leto as an actor, and I also love his music so I'm writing this review I guess with a slight bias already. However I avoided this film for a while because of mixed reviews. Having watched it, I would say to anyone who can appreciate quirkiness and wants to see more of Jared's earlier movies, watch it - it's actually pretty good! Jared and Jake are in my opinion very convincing as best friends in the movie. Their affection for one another is totally believable and sincere. It's an easy film to watch, in essence a road trip movie about friendship which is heartfelt and sweet. Jared's character is so loyal; their friendship is strong and touching. And if you like Jared Leto, well, the shirtless scenes don't hurt!
on 3 October 2006
This film apart from the glorious performances, not only from Jake and Jared, but of johnny .C. and my favourite performance by Jeremy Piven! The energy in his scene is something else. A buddy road film of the highest quality, fun, fantastic soundtrack, memorable quotes, and likable characters.

The story is great too, maybe to be taken as a laugh, but serious entities as well.

Then comes the direction, PERFECT!!!

1st time director James Cox, who had another underground hit with Wonderland. Why isn't he making more films??

Why this film hasn't reached public cult status yet is beyond me.

So I loved this film, my most watched DVD!
This 2002 road trip drama is set in 1994 and opens with Jack Hayes (Jared Leto) going on the run after getting caught having sex with the wife of a gangster and is joined by best mate Pilot Kelson (Jake Gyllenhaal), a petty drug dealer, but what adventures will their road trip to freedom bring and what will it tell them about their friendship and desires?
The single disc goes straight to main menu offering play and the trailer while the film itself starts rather slowly as we are taken around a number of drunk and stoned friends and it feels like its going nowhere amid lots of unnecessary swearing, but once on the road, this does begin to entertain as we learn more about the characters and they discover what really matters to them.
With its swearing, drug usage, drinking, themes of prostitution and some violence, this is an obvious 18, but it also has some tender and thought provoking moments which stop this becoming mediocre. Well worth a watch if you like Leto, Gyllenhaal or Selma Blair.
on 11 July 2014
Jared and Jake - perfect! Took me right back to my youth - very watchable film
on 18 March 2014
i bought this film cause i love Jared and i have seen this film before and wanted a copy of it i have watched it too many times never get bored and a fast delivery
on 22 July 2014
LOVE THIS!! If you are a Jared fan, WATCH IT!!
on 25 June 2015
loved this old film
on 10 March 2014
With Jared Leto having won a best supporting actor Oscar i thought i would review some of his previous movies.

I'm a huge fan of both Jake and Jared and i also like Selma Blair so i was glad i got to see this movie. It isn't amazing but the three leads are great together. The movie is based in 1994 around the time or Kurt Cobain's suicide which is mentioned in the movie
The extra on this film is a trailer
on 20 September 2013
I purchased this mainly because Jared Leto is in it and I'm collecting his films. A good addition to my collection
on 22 March 2013
Loved everything about this film, thought the acting was great on such an early film of Jared's would recommend :D