on 17 September 2015
Good.
on 13 February 2015
Awesome!!!
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2013
Apart from the tiresome dancing contest track and the panty rap, the rest of this cd is excellent though very synth heavy. The playing by all concerned is really excellent. This album does get bad reviews, but is long and very enjoyable
on 27 October 2009
I first heard this album in 1980 and it was GOOD! Having been privileged since to see Frank Zappa live I can testify to the fact that it provides as good an opportunity as you'll get to experience the master without discovering reincarnation. That sense of easy going familiarity with his audience, the twisted humour, the incisive social comment and the blisteringly tight band. To me this is FZ at his most accessible so it's a great springboard to investigate the world of Zappa. Enjoy!
on 5 February 2013
Another wonderful Zappa album that anyone could enjoy. 12 more words are not needed - just buy and enjoy this masterpiece!
on 18 January 2015
another classic by this legend.
on 12 October 2017
The mix of studiomaterial and live recordings are great
on 19 December 2012
This & You Are What You Is are probably two of my favorite FZ CDs of all time.
Pop the CD into the player, if like me you have no neighbours and a great Hi Fi, crank up the volume, sit back and enjoy.
Make up your own mind but I think that you will not be disappointed.
on 10 September 2001
Trying to decide which Zappa album to introduce yourself to his many and varied works can seem a daunting task, but you could do a lot worse than taking Tinseltown Rebellion as your starting point. I speak from experience here as the first Zappa song I ever heard was the title track. As I was heavily into Zeppelin, Metallica etc at the time, it was some feat to impress this meathead metalhead, but impressed I was. As a budding musician, I was completely blown away by the band and how easily they could slip between one musical style and another at will as well as seeming to actually enjoy themselves doing it!! Imagine my shock, therefore, when having heard the title track in isolation, I discovered that it had been recorded live! Well, I could have keeled over and died at that point. I realised then that my pathetic noodlings on the guitar were as nothing to the genius of Zappa and his minstrels.
There are so much here that demands your attention, from the HUGE keyboards of Tommy Mars on "Easy Meat" to the 50s rock'n'roll pastiche of "For the Young Sophisticate", the bizarre but satisfying "Blue Light" (great riffage here), Ike Willis' soulful voice on "Bamboozled By Love" and the very silly "Brown Shoes". With a cracking version of "Peaches" on here it adds up to a great package, one that covers almost every aspect of Zappa's range (apart from the orchestral stuff) - it's well worth a purchase.