Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2017
This is a great compilation of true legends - I think better than volume 1 and 2! Lots of variety on each disc including soul, pop and some sixties and glam rock.
on 16 March 2017
Great cd of various singers, very nostalgic to listen to again.
on 13 July 2017
Good
on 11 January 2004
I would give this album 10 stars if I could.
This album is a must, especially for those approaching the big 50. When I first saw this album I had mixed feelings about it, sadness for those wonderful artists who are now lost to us forever, and for those who no longer record for us, then a feeling of warmth at the memories these wonderful people have given me over the years. Then.... when I finally listened to it for the first time on my personal CD player. I was transported back in time to school days, lazy days in the park laying in the sun with a transistor radio attached to my ears (well almost), then on to the evenings where I danced the night away at the discos.
Back to reality, I love this album, and can't imagine ever getting fed up with listening to it, the sound quality is far superior to the records I had which were used so much they jumped and crackled. I have five of the Capital Gold Legends series and hope they keep coming, my only critisizm of them is, that they do tend to repeat certain titles, if they want the public to collect all of them, make sure that each one is different, there must be plenty to choose from. But please lets have some more.
Another superb 2-CD Compilation in the 'LEGENDS' series, as with the earlier releases the collection contains
many popular and well known artist with many great numbers from the 50's and 60's through to the 80's.
Among the many tracks to be found - on disc One........'Queen' --'We Are The Champions'......'The Beach Boys'
--'God Only Knows'........'E,L.O' --'Livin' Thing'........''Billy Ocean' --'Love Really Hurts Without You'........'Blondie'
--'Heart OF Glass'........'Peter Gabriel' --'Solsbury Hill'........and........'Wings' --'Maybe I'm Amazed'........just some
of the Twenty One gems to be found on disc one........on disc Two........'Dusty Springfield' --'You Don't Have to
Say You Love Me'........'The Temptations' --'Get Ready'........'Herman's Hermit's' --'No Milk Today'........'Del
Shannon' --'Runaway'........'Simon and Garfunkel' --'The Boxer'........'Billy Paul' --'Me and Mrs. Jones'........and
....'Desmond Decker' --'The Israelites'.........again, just some of the popular numbers that can be found upon the
Twenty Five track disc two....................I have again simply highlighted half a dozen or so tracks from each of
the two discs of this collection to perhaps indicate to you whether you feel the play-list to be worth checking-out,
myself, i'd say it was.
on 20 November 2006
I have lots of compilation CDs and this is one of the best. The sound quality and volume consistency are very good. I was afraid that some of the songs would be edited, but they managed to get everything full length as well.

Songs like John Lennon's "(Just Like) Starting Over" and Peter Gabriel's "Solisbury Hill" are near to impossible to find on various CDs like this. I had forgotten how good "No Milk Today" is, since it wasn't one of Herman's Hermit's biggest hits. And The Temptation's "Get Ready" is perfection. All and all very pleasing indeed.
on 23 February 2013
A 2 CD set I was aware of the selection of songs and was impressed. A great selection of songs delivered to my door. I am very pleased.
on 18 February 2013
Again a great selection of tracks by legendary singers & groups. A worthy addition to the series of CDs. More Please
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 March 2015
A fantastic mix of songs performed by great legends of the past, which brought back many fond memories to a pensioner who still likes to dance around the house!! There is music here from several decades, so something to suit everyone.
on 14 August 2013
Loved it fantastic value for money. Great entertainment hours of entertainment for all of
our family and visitors. Thank you.