Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 February 2003
Kidneythieves is by far one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. Much like Snake River Conspiracy and Garbage, they mix emotive, female vocals with heavy rock beats. I first heard opening track "Before I'm Dead" on the "Queen of the Damned" OST, and was hooked instantly, but the songs on Zerospace are much more than just that: they're layered, emotional songs that build up to a wondeful climax that makes you want to sing along and jump around the room. Especially fabulous is the cover of Willie Nelson's "Crazy" beginning as a quiet ode to the original, but then evolving into a heavy rock anthem. A must for any fans of industrial music (think Nine Inch Nails with a chick who has an AWESOME voice), I'd recommend Zerospace to anyone anyday.
on 5 June 2003
I would strongly recommend buying this to anyone with a shred of musical taste to purchase this album now. Kidneythieves have got it right in their combination of rock and industrial sounds this topped off by superb vocals from Free Dominguez. Her angelic voice soothes the soul and walks hand in hand with the excellent standard of music. This album has awesome depth and variety from the smooth beat groove of "arsenal" to the more pumping guitar ballad of "glitter girl" it is genius you will not tire of. My favorite song would be "placebo" it is an epic vocal song in which her voice seems to build and build towards the end of it, culminating with the grandure feel of the instruments. Like all their music it feels so full and layered with ambience and atmosphere.Also anyone interested should also purchase the brilliant new KT cd "Live in Chigaco" online.
on 25 July 2010
I first heard the first track off the album, "before i'm dead" at the end of the movie, "Queen Of The Damned", and after multiple listens to it on the soundtrack decided to consider buying the album "Zerospace", which it is featured on. After the great reviews on amazon i decided to buy it.

Looking back now i feel really stupid that i didn't buy it straight away, or do my research and buy the album after hearing it instead of the soundtrack.

I really wish i knew who KT were when they released their first single (S+M) & debut album (trickster) as they are now my favourite all-time musicians. I own alot of KT * Free Dominguez (vocals) solo merchandise. I own Free's solo album "Freedoming" with "Core: A Zone" tracks, KT's "trickster (CD+Cassette), "Zerospace" (CD), "Reprocess"(CD+DVD), "phi in the sky"(CD+VINYL+PROMOCD), "tryptofanatic" (CD), "S+M (A Love Song)" (CD+VINYL), "Live In Chicago 2002" (CD). If you like any song by the band i urge you to buy all their albums. They are definitely worth it.

Their is no "BEST TRACK" on the album as alot of them are so catchy. The promo single "Zerospace" which had its own Music Video (featured on the DVD of "REPROCESS") is a pleaser to those who liked the first track. "Glitter Girl" is on the same level of catchyness and single worthy first 2 tracks. It sounds as though you heard it before on an advert or movie or somewhere, but no it has been on here all along. Spank is great too, the KMFDM remix on the EP (phi in the sky) i personally prefer, but listen to this version alot. Dyskrasia & Black Bullet are on the same level. Track 5 is really in your face, very striking, unlike third track "Arsenal" and second-last track "Placebo". The less rocky tracks. Serene Dream is the track which stands out on its own on the album. It's the only song of it's kind in KT history. Soft. There is also an updated version of their "Bride Of Chucky" Soundtrack cover of Patsy Cline's "Crazy". Zerospace has the better version. There are 3 fillers: tracks 4, 10, 13.

If you like Evanescence, Garbage, Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Paramore, AC/DC then i recommend this album to your collection. I also recommend their first album trickster or the rerelease trickstereprocess which has 5 bonus tracks and a DVD with Live tracks, Music Videos etc.

Got to the band's official website to purchase their exclusive albums only available there including their NEW 3rd album "trypt0fanatic" which has just been released. The band are UNSIGNED by the way, so need your support.

PS.Their is a sexy track on each album: s+M (A Love Song), Spank, Lick u Clean.
And ends in a similar way (Mustard Seed, Placebo, Tears On A Page).

If you really like Before I'm Dead, there is an acoustic version on both REPROCESS (as well as LIVE vid) & Live In Chicago 2002 (as well as a LIVE version).

Please support this amazing band.
on 5 April 2013
This is an FYI for the buyer and my constructive opinion of this item.

The item received is not the official album, it is a cheap (knock-off) version of the album and I even wouldn’t call it the ‘US Import’ version. I found this out only after unpacking the item as the front, back and CD art / print’s look like they were print offs from a low resolution printer. I have now brought the album from the www.amazon.com website as the preview images show the correct art for the front, back and CD of this album.
on 2 March 2013
Finally! This CD doesn't appear to be all that easy to come by, and so am very pleased to finally own it. Love it!
However, I would like to note that the copy I received is a 2012 reprint rather than an original copy. As such, it does look a little different from the image provided here.
on 5 May 2003
I dont know quite what to say about Zerospace. Listen to it through normal speakers at room volume and its passable at best. Listen to it at night in a dark room through a set of headphones at a reasonable volume it becomes a completely different beast, quite otherworldly and more than a little disturbing at times. Heavy use of stereo panning effects and some quite eerie samples, and what seems to be heavy use of sounds that could have been borrowed straight out of Depeche Modes Keyboard Armory at the time of Violator. Couple this with heavy guitar and sometimes frantic beats, you have quite the listening experience. I find it quite difficult to pidgeon hole the sound, i dont really agree with the NiN/Garbage comparison that some reviewers made. The vocal/guitar style is not at all similar to Garbage although you can understand why some of the syth work is compaired to NiN. All in all worthy of a purchase. CD highlights for me are Before Im Dead, Zerospace, Glitter Girl and Placebo.
on 28 September 2004
Where to begin...I'd really only say one thing: BUY THIS ALBUM!, but we all know one thing leads on to paragraphs going into great detail about how grand this really is, and explain each song's musical diversity...So let's get started shall we?
When I bought this album, I'd only really heard 'Before I'm Dead' (Queen of the Damned soundtrack), and 'Zerospace'...but after just hearing these two songs, I decided to be rebellious and buy the album. Oh how glad I am indeed...This album really is amazing. From the first few songs you aleady know you've got a winner blasting from your speakers. Each song really does sound different to the last, so you're not very likely to get bored with this album (and if you do...not my problem). Standout tracks include: 'Glitter Girl' (my personal favourite...the chorus is just fabulous!), 'Crazy' (I know it's a cover version...but it is amazing, gotta admit it!), 'Black Bullet' (another amazing song) and basically the whole album.
There's not much more I can say to try and sell this album, other than just buy it and see for yourself. I doubt very much you would be disappointed with this product. Enjoy this as much as I have...
on 4 September 2016
Awesome album, great unique sound. Such a great band!
on 6 October 2005
I first heard of Kidneythieves "Before I'm Dead" from the Queen of the Damned film. The film sucked but the song remains in my heart! What can i say...it rocks! Im not great at reviewing but the best way i can explain Kidneythieves is there one one those bands that really gets to you, you really feel the music and you cant help but tap your fingers to the beat. Kidneythieves have solid heavy beats, mysterious and sexy vocals and if you like rock and goth bands im sure you'l love them. My advice...BUY ZEROSPACE. P.S the cover of CRAZY is not to be missed