Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 April 2002
David Ruffin Collection (Spectrum 1597302) contains 18 tracks, 7 of which appeared on the Ultimate Collection CD of September 1998: “Everything’s Coming Up Love” / “My Whole World Ended” / “No Matter Where” / “On & Off” / “Rode By The Place” / “The Double Cross” / “I’ve Lost Everything I’ve Ever Loved“. The other 11 tracks have not appeared on CD before and include one previously unreleased track called “Dinah“. “What You Gave Me” / “I Let Love Slip Away” / “The Letter” / “I Don’t Know Why I Love You” all appeared on the 1969 album “Doing His Thing” (UK Title: “Feelin’ Good“). “The Roving Kind” & “I’m Just A Mortal Man” appeared on the self titled 1973 album “David Ruffin”. “I Can’t Stop The Rain” & “Questions” appeared on the 1977 album “In My Stride” and “We’ll Have A Good Thing Going On” (from “My Whole World Ended” (1969)) and “Discover Me” (from “Everything’s Comin’ Up Love” (1976)) complete this set. Of Ruffin’s U.K. singles “Walk Away From Love”, “Heavy Love” & “You’re My Peace Of Mind” are all missing, through all 3 have appeared on CD before. Also missing is his U.K. single “Take Me Clear From Here” which has not appeared on CD before. “Discover Me”, in my opinion a brilliant track, on CD for the first time makes this one well worth the outlay.
on 6 January 2012
What a great CD, the superb David Ruffin at his best, cant stop playing it in my car will be looking for other David Ruffin compilations
on 18 March 2012
David Ruffin is one of the finest vocalist from the Motown stable and here we have a set from his solo period. His voice is both distinctive and as soulfull as ever. He was taken fom this world to soon and was a strange and complicated character.

Album is excellent and well worth having in any motown collection.
on 4 August 2010
Great intro to David Ruffin music. Mixed bag from back catalogues without the 'real hits' - reminds you of what a miss to the scene DR was with his untimely, messy demise.
on 13 September 2015
Outstanding collection of songs from, in my opinion, one of the best singers of all time. So sad that his life was so short.
on 9 May 2015
does what it says on the tin-a motown cd full of top tracks from one of their greatest artists
on 11 February 2009
MARVELLOUS ALBUMN BY THE LATE GREAT DAVID RUFFIN WHAT A SHAME HE DIED SO YOUNG
on 23 June 2015
Arrived promptly and as described. Happy with service. Would use again
on 18 June 2015
cracking sounds.one off the best singers from the sixties
on 15 August 2014