Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 June 2002
If your a 'house' lover, this is a must have! Hedkandi (the album producer) have once again released an absolute gem of a CD! The name 'stero sushi' says it all! Yep the person who thought of this CDtitle is a fashion style guru! The music is without doubt, the koolest, the funkiest, the sexiest house music around! CD1 starts of very laid back, and gradually brings you to the summit of house lounging! CD2 works in similar fashion! All the songs have lyrics within them, which makes this CD versitile, in the fact that you can listen to this album b4 or after a nite out! Any body who loves U.S vocal house, U.S garage, FunkyHouse or french disco, this CD wont let you down! Both boys and girls love it! Trust me! DAVEYboy
on 4 March 2002
Being a fan of the Hed Kandi series especially the Chill out division , I really looked forward to the new Hed Kandi spin off label Stereo Sushi's debut. For Stereo Sushi described as soulful , lounge house, I suppose the nearest this can be compared to in the Hed Kandi series is the Beach House CD,s, which featured ,jazzier house numbers. Stereo Sushi I found a quite dull collection of repetitive mid to up tempo pounding intro beats and I just found the track selection quite poor, uninspiring and dull house dance music, the sound worn out nothing new, it did nothing for me and I found it hard to believe that this collection was compiled by Mark Doyles out fit that brought out the excellant dark house compilation Deeper last winter , the first rate party album Nu cool 3 and an outstanding chillout series. The album offers a few highs in Matthias Heilbron, Physics, Warm , Teifswartz, Dido's club remix and Stephanie Cook for my choices. Unfortunately the Japanese comic book style packaging which is impressive and worth 10 stars is as far as this Cd went for me the albums content was no where near to Kandi's excellance and it's just as well it's on a new label, if you want to sample the real sound of Kandi,s dance beats try Deeper or Nu Cool 3 and 4.I don't think I'll be sampling any more helpings from this new label I'll stick to Hed Kandi.
on 15 April 2007
It's exactly as it states in the description; soulful and deep. It was the other reviews that persuaded me to buy this CD in the hope that this and the others in the series deserved the 4.5 stars. Truth be told I wasn't overly impressed. There was nothing particularly catchy or that stood out. I have found the ideal use for it though - Dinner parties with mates that are really into their house music! While you wouldn't play this as a build up to a night out, I played this while entertaining friends that I go clubbing with to house music nights (the funky uplifting kind) and it was the perfect addition to the ambience of the evening, and several comments were made on it being an ideal addition to the evening. For this reason it would get a 4.5-5 star for definite, otherwise I have much better CD's I'd rather play at times away from the dining table!
on 13 March 2002
Fantastic, if you like the hed kandi/disco kandi cd's you'll love this. Takes me back to the bars in Ibiza town last year. Deep funky house. I first put it on in my car and nearly crashed!Hurry up and release volume 2
on 6 March 2002
If your into deep house then this is a must!It has many great tunes, that u would only find in the trendiest clubs,or on the best pirate radio stations.Don't think your find a cd with the tune from the red square advert anywhere else but its on here and its Fantastic.Not many tunes you will flick past,its good listenung all the way through.Deep vocal house is the daddy in my books!
on 17 June 2015