Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£8.24+ £1.26 shipping

on 6 April 2002
Pure wow, pure flutter - Herbert's deft remixes of the likes of Moloko (pair of insouciant, pert beauties of show), of Furry Phreaks, Dzhian & Kamien, MotorBass are acutely chilled, but not relaxed - they groove onward like a bout of sonic Tourette's Syndrome kept mellow on 60mg of Prozac. And with fresh mixes of Herbert's own output, in various guises, welding the two Cds tighter than Britney Spears' gusset, you wouldn't expect more - but this double album ups the ante on Cd2, becomes more than the sum of its articulate parts. This is angular, lateral and delicious gear to wrap your intellect about and shake your phunky arse at.
on 15 May 2013
The best compilation we have had so far. I would wholeheartedly recommend. For those who, on like soothing sounds. I highly recommend
on 11 March 2003
I've bought "Around the House", "Bodily Functions" and "Secondhand Sounds" and I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Matthew Herbert is one of the most brilliant music minds there is. His albums are just pure invention and delight. And to catch him live is also great. Listen closely.
on 20 April 2015
Double CD. A great collection of sounds. All really original, different and interesting. I don't know most of the originals but the re-mixes are great.I'd heard the Serge Gainsbourg Bonnie and Clyde remix on one of the Late Night Tales albums so was inspired to discover more.Glad I did.
on 13 September 2003
what a wonderful collection of sounds, human beings should all do themselves a favour and support Matthew Herbert.
on 3 February 2004
I bought this album because of the reviews posted here saying this was the work of a musical genius. I dont get it at all despite numerous plays and attempts to listen to the album. I like to think of myself having an eclectic taste in music but this is not on my level at all. Boring monotonous music and I fail to see what all the fuss is about.