on 21 April 2017
Very good selection, gives a general feel for Cuban music.
on 3 August 2017
Love Cuban music. Good mix
on 25 February 2013
lovely background music to listen to, reminds me of being on holiday in a cafe bar abroad, love it...get the coffee pot on, sit back and listen to this cd.....
on 4 July 2011
Having been given a Bueno Vista Social Club CD I was looking for other music in the same vain but witut spending a lot of money in case I didn't like it. Well I got all that I wanted and more as this is such great value for money and the music is brilliant. I play itin th background in my cafe where I lso play Big Band and Jazz music so the quirky style fits right in. Would recommend this CD any day.
on 1 May 2002
I wanted some music to relax to, something different to the many chill out albums on the market at the moment. And what better than something that reminds you of being on holiday! Lazing in a small bar by the beach, cocktail umbrellas and lime topping every drink. I love it. The smell of the air and light breeze making the candle lamps shimmer. This is exactly what this album says to me. The songs are similar all the way through, with the bongos, pianos etc, yet different in there own little way. It is a peaceful album which also contains a bit of fun and spice. Perfect for those barbeques in summer at home.
on 9 November 2009
I bought this album on the strength of TV/movies featuring some sort of Cuban scene featuring Cubanesque background music and a vague recollection of hearing the names Beni More and Tito Puente. It's a risk that hasn't always paid off, but Cafe Cubana was most definately an excellent buy.

I have since given it away twice and so have to keep re-buying it - a sign of a great CD. I have also bought several other Cafe ... titles on the strength of this CD; they are good, but this remains the creme de la creme.

I just wish I spoke Spanish so I could tell what they were singing about, but then maybe that's part of the fun of this CD: it reminds you of that foreign holiday, sat in the heat suppping your drink, not having a clue what people are saying but just watching the world go by.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 August 2015
One of my favourite of the world music / Café selection CD's. Upbeat as expected, lively, joyful & makes you want to dance. Good to just play while working at home, cleaning up, in the kitchen or having a BBQ. Play it in your car on your way home from work or getting ready to go out. This & Café Salsa I play all the time to get me on a high & ready for 'life'.
on 23 March 2014
Got this for my Mum for her Mother's Day gift. I've been to Cuba and love the culture, and she loves Hispanic music, so this works well as a gift. I've just had a listen and the songs are all really relaxing. I don't drink, but this album definitely made me want to indulge in a Cuba Libré (preferably in the sun....).
on 24 December 2012
If you like your Latin music, then this is a must. I enjoy many different types of music and recently have found Buena Vista Social Club and thoroughly enjoyed their music. This to me is a similar vibe of chilled yet catchy South American tunes. If you like your Latin dancing, I am sure a few of these will get you on your feet as well. Worth every penny!!!
on 23 April 2012
I have several of the "Cafe" series, and this is the one I like the best. It has some smooth sounds for background listening, plus you can salsa dance to most as well. I have never been to Cuba, but I can imagine it is an authentic sound. Some of the tracks seem like they were recorded long ago, and are now given a fresh airing. Overall the whole CD is a delight, with no filler. Excellent.