Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 18 February 2002
I am a huge fan of much of Steve Coogan's work and I'm sure many people will remember him for playing the hilarious character Alan Partridge. This is his first major work since he did that and I was slightly disappointed with it. Although it did make me laugh I cannot remember any side-splitting jokes and unfortunately I recognised some of his jokes were ones from his Alan Partridge series, only marginally adapted. In conclusion, it is a film worth buying, especially if you liked the Knowing me knowing you series. A simple plot but i think thats what makes it funny. Coogan plays his role well, as do the rest of the cast. Buy it and see if it is what you expected.
on 6 May 2007
I've had a terrible week this week and watching this really cheered me up. The Parole Officer is not Alan Partridge the movie but a fairly safe british comedy. Coogan's main character, Simon Garden is not as monsterous as Partridge but is just as socially inept. He is more likable, inspiriing loyality in his few friends and painfully conservative. As a result you feel sorry for him when he is framed for murder and will punch the air when he gets the girl the (truly gorgeous Lena Heady). There a few belly laughs but the climax did make me smile.

Also the face Garden pulls when he fights is hilarous.
on 11 December 2011
WARNING!
This is NOT Dr Strangelove or Battleship Potempkin.

It's a good old-fashioned comedy/crime romp - more in the mould of Some Like It Hot than anything else I can think of - certainly a whole lot better than any other traditional 'Brit-com' I've seen in the last 20 years.

Hugely underrated in my opinion.

Good story, good acting, good dialogue, good fun, good-bye.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2016
Steve coogan at his best
on 7 April 2013
Very very funny. Do not normally think of Steve Coogan being a heart throb, but there is a little bit of romance in this as well as a good romp. A really good English comedy, all the best parts of being British with recognisable scenery, and many laugh out loud moments.
on 16 June 2003
This film is one of the most fantasticly brilliant film ever produced. Steve Coogan is a miracle in this film, Oh and the roller coaster scene will have you in stitches
I could watch it over and over again - and usally do!!
your money well spenton this DVD
on 7 February 2017
Great Film
on 20 September 2008
A Great film this. I've lent this to other friends and family members to watch and they loved it. It is very good - it would definitely be a great present for someone.
on 29 January 2014
Having only just watched the DVD i found it was a bit scratched which made it jump in a few places. Thought it was a quick delivery and packaged well.
on 11 February 2013
A family favourite we can watch this film again and again and again and again. A story you don't get tired of and see more each time you watch it.