Customer reviews

Sierra Best Sellers: Aliens vs Predator
Format: Video Game|Change

on 8 December 2000
Well, where to start? This game is brill. The feeling of walking down a corridor, the brilliant music blaring in your ears , the motion tracker emitting a steady, low pulse - then, in the blink of an eye you see a dark shape whir before. A high screaming sound alerts you to the presenceof an alien, while minutes later, that familiar sound -Click, clickety, click - The Predator. It's enough to make you poo yourself. The multiplayer is well smart, and I can recommend the alien for sneaky antics. Many a time, I have hidden on the ceiling, the as some unwary predator or marine walks along, I drop down, and rip them to pieces. The graphics in game are really good, but mind you, you need a decent PC to keepup with all the firefights and gore. Oh, yes. Be warned, this game contains strong violence. People lose heads, legs, arms, and each wound pumps crimson ooze every where. So, Avp - brilliant. If you liked the movies, you'll love this.
on 26 August 2000
AVP is one title i am glad to have in my collection. Its atmosphere comes nearly as close to the movies as possible. I just have two issues of dislike/disbelieve: First, the "coop-mode" is not worth its name. You can only fight as marines versus aliens, in two very small coop levels or the just as small deathmatch maps. And there isn't even a goal to reach in the coop maps. It's just not understandable why you can't play the single player missions in coop. Marines are born to work in groups, Aliens are a hive race, and in the Predator 2 movie and the Dark Horse comics, it is shown that even Predators hunt in packs...
The second flaw of the game is its speed. The creeping atmosphere is beeing destroyed, as soon as a fight starts. Even marines must get into "strafe-wars" with aliens! And the lurking predator has to join the dance just too often.
The tragedy of all this is that, even with this design flaws, AVP is a MUST-HAVE...
on 28 January 2001
THE BEST GAME OUT! run around as the Marine and kill kill kill it's so much fun.The predator is even better more power than a small town.And once you learn the controls, the Alien is the best of the 3. The guy from scotland needs to go get a life if he can't play this game! Go out and get it NOW!
on 20 October 2007
Quite simply the best game I've ever played on the PC. Stunning sense of speed, awesome tension, great room for tactical play, brilliant sound, evocative atmospheres, great design...I love it!

Beats the hell out of the crappy follow-up as well!
on 5 August 2002
This has gotta b one of the best games out there. i bought it whilst it was relatively old, avp2 was out wen i got it, but it has made me wanna buy the second, and indeed for a person who had never watched the aliens films before made me go and buy them all at the same time. it is an amzing game. the gameplay is great and easy to get used to, though the having to press ctrl is annoying sometimes with alien for climbing walls wen after a quick escape, but still, it is a class game. and wot can u say, if u play it with no light around u then ur in for a few scares, the soundz around u add to the atmosphere and it is just great. Yes, superb.
u can play as marine, alien or predator. predator is prob the easiest and marine the hardest. but marine is the most fun as it is scarier, and u no wot it is like to b human, but sierra do a good job at putting across being a predator or a human.
on 24 March 2002
Initially, it looks great, Lots of explosive hardware and has a very eiree feel to it - but it soon grates, and becomes far more annoying than scary. Running around a labyrinth looking for a way out soon becomes very tedious and as for the 6th Marine mission (initially the last for the pre-Gold version of the game), where you don't stand a chance against the Queen - This is making me want to push my fist through the monitor screen, as I can't get to the Bonus Levels. However, the perseverence of those behind PlanetAVP website's hints and mission walthroughs is a very welcome relief.
on 4 January 2001
I'm sorry, but I really hate this game. I waited a long time to play it, and have never been more disapointed in my life. In theory, it's great. The mere thought of running around as an Alien, clinging to walls and dropping on unsuspecting marines is enough to give you goose bumps. Unfortunatley it's nothing like that. As the Alien you move too fast, and It's too hard to tell where the heck the floor is, and killing people is pretty much just run up and hit attack a lot. The predator is just as uninteresting, and so is the marine. I can't really explain what I mean in a small space and, to be honest, I can't be bothered. It doesn't deserve any more of my time. It really is kind of pants, it's nothing like what you would expect, and not as 'cool' as I thought it'd be. I just feel I must advise people to 'try before they buy' with this, I'm sure some people will love it, but it's not My cup of tea I'm afraid. I'd strongly advise a better game like Half life or Unreal Tournament.