Customer reviews

on 4 September 2017
This gave me such a rush of nostalgia, I ran down my local high street with some lino and started breakin'. I ended up in ozzy with a slipped disc and broken collar bone, but it was epic, and got me super pumped going forward.
on 21 March 2017
Great
on 20 August 2003
Those of us at high school in the early to mid-eighties were divided into electro and hardrock fans. If you belonged to the former group you will enjoy having this cd.
While it is not what it claims to be (old school...about 10% maybe) it does have many redeeming features: the full length version of "White Lines", a version of "Bang Zoom" that contains all the elements of the radio edit and the 7-inch, "Rockit", to name but a few.
One nice surprise is "The Jam On Revenge (Wikki Wikki song)" which I could never find anywhere before, although the penultimate minute of it has been harshly edited out. And another odd blooper is surely what's listed as the "19" 12-inch, which is identical to my old 7-inch copy.
But I'm nit-picking. This is a rich mish-mash of anything electro-ish and memory provoking from twenty-odd years ago, and that's just what I was looking for.
on 6 February 2002
Wow, what a wicked double CD, after years of waiting for someone to put together a collection of electro on CD now we've got one. If you haven't managed to find 'Rockit' then this is for you.
There are some real classics here like Cybotron's 'Clear' and Tyrone Brunson's ' The Smurf' along with the more commercial stuff like The Rock Steady Crew and Breakmachine (1st time on CD??)
Grab this disc and you'll soon be attempting that back spin on your kitchen's Lino flooring!!!
on 13 February 2002
I haven't heard some of these tracks for about 18 years... aside from Chaka Khan of whom I became a devout fan around the 1984 mark and followed her career ever since (saw her live in London only last December - she definitely is still dynamite).
I actually cried when I heard "The Smurf" again!!..The Memories came flooding back in a tidal wave, the days when we didn't have money, a job, or any problems!! Only fun - fun - fun. Oh to be 14-15-16 again. This album will take you back (well, those of around my age anyway).
Worth every penny. Buy it and travel back in time to those good old days.
on 26 August 2007
Oh my goodnes!!!

I saw the track listings and saw one song that made me get the CD: Hey DJ. I had wanted to get that song since 1984. I then looked at the other tracks and knew that this was the one CD I would be proud to have in the collection.

This CD really takes me back to my childhood days, when just about everything that was on the radio was hot. That includes the Pop and Soft Rock that was coming over from the UK and everywhere else in the world. Breakdancing was "in" and boy, was it fun to watch. In fact, there was a guy in my elemetary school class by the name of Maurice Hatter. Man, this guy could "break"! He did the Pop-Lock, Moonwalk, Helecopter, and Robot all the time!! He was so good that he was easily voted as best dancer by the 8th Grade graduating class. I was only able to do the Worm, the Centipede, and the occasional Knee Spin. I also saw the movie Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo at that time. But, this time around I will get my chance to catch up on the other Breakin' movie as well as Beat Street.

Why did I just go into such detail about my childhood? Blame it on CD One: Tracks 2, 3, 4, 10 and 13, as well as CD Two: Tracks 2, 3, 7, and 11!

Now that I'm done with this review it's time for me to get Volume 2!
on 5 February 2002
I love this album - I would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone who is into their old skool breaks.
on 19 February 2002
This CD has got some cool old skool tracks on although quite a few I wouldn't really breakdance to, they sound more like Lionel Richie to me or some old motown like Freeez I.O.U. I guess only being 19 means I don't actually know many tracks.
Over all I do recommend this CD to anyone who wants some cool electro tracks. A few would go down well at some cheesy parties too!
on 14 February 2002
As an original body popper and breakdancer from back in the 80's, I feel that this CD is a bit of a let down. There are only a handfull of, what I would call true Electro tunes on this album and so dont think it warrants the title "Electro Breakdance". There are much better tunes out there which could of been compiled on this here CD.
All in all though, its not a bad CD for the newer generation of fans.... Good value for money though.....
Say "yipee I yipee I yipee I Ay !!!!"
on 19 February 2002
What can I say, memories came flooding back of me at the hip hop club Sidewalk on a Saturday up Newcastle, throwing myselfe all over the floor to try and burn anyone that walked past. Oh happy days they were. There is some pants one's on here, and some I would love to get on cd but no joy on this one such as Get Some by Pretty Tony. One question when is Beat Street and both Breakdance films going to be released on dvd, as my video is wearing out.