Customer reviews

on 2 December 2013
2 excellent episodes from an excellent BBC TV series. Good mix of biographical information and interpretation alongside great music. Beethoven has always been a favourite and had a good knowledge of his life from a biography I read many years ago. Wagner was another matter for me. I have always enjoyed his orchestral works - including orchestral pieces from the operas; but I have always found the arias to be hard on the ears. That hasnt changed as a result of this DVD. What has changed is now that I have some biographical context for his work I understand him better than I used to. That is a positive outcome for me. Thoroughly commend this DVD to people.
on 17 April 2009
This is an excellent introduction to Beethoven covering most aspects of his life and music. Experts and musicians provide interesting insights - irritatingly they are not credited so you don't know who they are.