Format: DVD|Change

on 7 November 2013
Yes,a good film with a brilliant concept regarding aliens.I found it absorbing throughout and relished the self deprecating remarks about each other and their parents.It came as a surprise to find that Jimmy is voiced by a woman....,cool.It was also nice to discover that Patrick from Star trek was the lead alien.A well thought out and brilliantly animated film.I've just recalled Nick's scream at the alien arena,very good.Oh,and Carl's defensive inhaler move.There's lots to attract adult and child enjoyment of this movie with a few looking over at each other moments.I like the whole Jimmy Neutron idea and have bought several other Neutron titles.But as a feature film,yes,it works for me.
on 17 April 2013
Aliens abduct all adults; genius Jimmy and his friends build an interstellar spacefleet and rescue them.

There are lots of funny lines in this animated movie and some funny characters, the voice acting is good as well and stars Patrick Stewart.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 May 2014
As a grown-up animation fan, I write most of my reviews from an unashamedly adult perspective. In this case, however, I'm going to qualify that approach: this isn't a film in any way aimed at adults. It's well done for what it is, and it certainly doesn't deserve to have points taken off for not being made for folks like me. But it is very much a kid's movie. When it comes to character and character development, plot, and the level of the humor, this is something very clearly made for children.

Can adults enjoy it? Well... yes... in the sense that if you're an adult who's seriously into animation, I wouldn't specifically advise you to avoid it. Plus, I think many grown-ups will rather appreciate the charm of this film's delightfully retro take on "hi-tech". Its aesthetic owes much to the futurism of the 1950's and early 60's, which I personally love. But (again, speaking strictly as a grown-up ) that's as much as I can say of it.

Personally, I enjoy the spin-off TV series rather more. It isn't necessarily any better, you understand. I think it's more that for grown-ups, a 22-minute venture into the Jimmy Neutron universe is enough.

Theo.
on 22 March 2003
Jimmy Neutron is cool, But his friends Sheen and Carl are even better, they really lend an air of comedy to this film. A must see for all!
on 10 June 2014
Don't know if I'm thankful or not as now have to watch this dvd on a loop all day long as my little one is obsessed with Jimmy Neutron. Good buy happy little boy so that's always good can cook the dinner in peace now.
on 2 January 2003
As an avid cartoon fan despite the fact i am over twenty i felt that i had to see this film. i was not disappointed. the characters appeal to old and young and appear to be have been sculptured by a comic genius. jimmy's dad reminds me of jim's dad from American Pie looks and anecdotes wise. the film is close to the cartoon and kids will enjoy the characters screen debut. there is a character in this film for everybody to empathise with and since my hair is cool too that for me is jimmy neutron.
on 28 September 2010
This DVD is excellent. The care that has gone into this "film" is rewarded in our viewing experience.I really would recommend it for any age, its so inventive and just look at the price!!Can you go wrong? This film seems to have gone under the radar compared to other big screen productions, but is in many cases far superior.
on 19 September 2013
My daughters loved this movie and introduced it to my 3 and a half year old grandson and he loves it too now and watches it over and over.
on 13 May 2009
My 4-yr old LOVES this movie...aliens, rockets, gadgets, slime and burping, just to name some highlights...what more could he ask for??
on 13 September 2015
Doesn't work on my DVD player, was rather outraged