Laundry Service
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 April 2014
This album contains a very good mix of Latin, Rock, and even Middle Eastern sounding music. Sometimes more than one style features in the same song to very good effect.

At times her voice on this CD reminds me of either Chrissie Hynde or Pink (both of which are intended as a compliment).

In addition to the mix of musical styles there is a good mix of loud and quiet music. Also, some songs are sung in English and others in Spanish.

For this listener the tracks Fool and Rules are the highlights, but with different styles of music to choose from you might prefer others.

The CD weighs in at 16 tracks, but it's worth pointing out that there are three versions of Whenever, Wherever (English, Spanish, and Sahara mix), two versions of Objection (Tango) (the second being Afro punk - very percussive and very enjoyable!), and two versions of Underneath Your Clothes (the second being acoustic).

The DVD contains a live version of Objection (Tango), the making of the Objection (Tango) video, and the video itself - I would recommend watching the video before "making of".

In summary, I like every song on this collection and cannot possibly give it less than five stars.
on 12 May 2017
The album is amazing. This is one of Shakira's best albums. There isn't a weak song on it. All the songs are great and I listen to them with great pleasure! It is a must for every Latino fan. I listen to it when I am bored and I don't have anything to do!
on 30 June 2013
Shakira simply gets better and this album has been very well produced which makes it difficult to highlight a 'favourite' track.
Apart from her vast range and powerful voice, the Latin American music really gets under your skin.
I have a strong feeling Shakira will be around for many years to come and continuing to turn out more original and unique pieces.
Highly recommended for any lover of a singer with such a versatile voice.
on 14 January 2014
I love Shakira, great album, bought very late on as I never got my hands on this album.
My only concern is that the CD I recieved could not be played on a computer :(
I assume this was and old anti piracy format but it did stop me from using it as much as I wanted to (for my own personal use only of course).

Great songs, love the belly dancing feel.
on 11 February 2017
Every Shak album is the same FANTASTIC voice,
on 30 May 2017
This album is great.
on 24 February 2017
Perfect conditions
on 18 June 2016
Love this album. Good packaging/quality so will buy from this seller again.
on 5 February 2017
Not a Shakira fan
on 20 December 2017
The picture on the website does not correspond to the cd that arrived. Delivery time was what I expected.