Format: DVD|Change

on 8 April 2016
This film came out when I was still at school. Only ever saw it on VHS. So was glad to come across it on DVD on Amazon for the low price of just under £3. Very funny movie, the language can be crude, and there is a few adult scenes, but its a funny film all round, if your not easily offended then get this film if you have not had the chance to see it yet, or get it if you love it and dont have the DVD. Great value for a great product. Had me laughing from start to finish.
on 6 July 2002
I saw Ali G In Da House in a Sneak Preview and I found it quite entertaining.
It's some comedy in the style of Mel Brooks films but Ali G makes the difference.
While loaded with pretty much "stupid" scenes the film overall delivers!
Some people went out of the cinema... the remaining 98 % laughed all the evening through!
I think the movie has soul and love in it and a lot of "British trademark" humour!
Didn't know that Ali G is from UK because I only knew him from Madonna's Music-Video or Me Julie with Shaggy...
Loved the movie... I'm waiting for the DVD!!!
on 2 May 2006
This film is certainly worth seeing! It is farcical and stupid but done incredibly well. It's done so well you just want to keep on watching to see what happens next.

It's all very original and `Ali G` is on top form with his very unique character and behaviour. I'm surprised Charles Dance agreed to playing a part like the one he did, particularly at the end where he is wearing women's clothing (But that's the sign of a top actor - where no role is considered below them).

The whole way through, the film is daft, crude, rude and sexist, which is its main strength and what makes it so good - you will watch it thinking this but won't turn it off because you just have to see the whole thing.

Its one worth having for the collection if you're feeling down and want to lift your spirits and mood a bit, or even just to have a laugh with some friends. There will probably be nothing quite like it ever again, and you`ll probably never want to see it ever again, but at least you can say you have seen it the once.

Thanks,

Miles
on 17 January 2014
Ali G has to be my favourite of Sacha's characters alongside Borat, which I can say from watching all of the movies and shows that he has come up with. I have seen Ali G Indahouse many times and still find it to be entertaining as it is the certain type of humour that only Sacha Baron Cohen is capable of. Very funny and had to watch it again after seeing it first a while back at a friend's. I would recommend this to anyone familiar to Sacha's humour or just looking for a good comedy.
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2008
It's funny (not the film), but I remember Ali G being funnier than this film. I used to catch his television show occasionally and I thought that his pranks with (usually elderly) minor celebrities and politicians were funny. Short bursts of this character are funny. He should have remained just one character in a sketch show.

The trouble with this film is that (a) it's long and (b) there are no 'real' unsuspecting people pulled into his act. The beginning is too weird, the middle is a bit boring (I left the room a few times without pressing pause), but it does pick up a little at the end when things start to happen.

I also did wonder that this only has a 15 certificate given its lewd nature. I only mean compared to other films' certificates. Of course children even younger than 15 have heard it all before and much worse at school. But surely there's an argument to be had about consistency in applying the rules.

Lastly, it's good to see current faces popping up in minor roles 'all over the shop'. I noted actors from EastEnders, The Office, etc. They've since moved on to better things (and worse again, in some cases). Three stars.
on 1 June 2011
Ali G Indahouse is a movie that's on my list of "Things people thought were pretty good, but I thought was classic". Once again, this probably appeals to the UK in someone than it does a worldview of humor. The link to UK Garage in this movie is mad amusing, especially if you understand and have a knowledge of that genre and it's history. Also, you get a good history of Hip-Hop in the soundtrack to this album, they have a ton of music including NWA and Afrika Baambata. This movie is hilarious and Ali G is a god.
on 4 March 2010
This film is definetly in the top 5 funniest films i have ever seen it had me laughing all the way through.

I used to love Sacha Baron Cohen`s creation of Ali G on THE 11 0`CLOCK SHOW in the late 90s . I also liked the spin off show though it should be pointed out by then the joke was wearing thin and it was obvious his guests were in on the joke of having a white boy impersonating a black ghetto boy wannabe . When ALI G INDAHOUSE was released I didn`t bother to see it because Ali was probably past his sell by date then . But my brother bought me the video of this film and watched it on Boxing day and I must confess it was a lot better than I expected

ALI G INDAHOUSE is a very funny if you understand the " Wigger " culture of middle class white boys wishing they were black . I was laughing out loud at the first half of the film as Ali lays down the facts to his posse that ''in the ghetto washing non colour fast synthetics at 60 degrees in the ghetto could cost you your life'' , and Ali on the election trail had me in absolute stitches as he drove down Staines high street giving a rap broadcast , but then the film goes slightly downhill as an extremely unlikely political plot takes shape and the jokes slow down

So all in all ALI G INDAHOUSE is funny but slightly uneven . I still watch the dvd after a while and laugh all over again.
on 8 July 2010
Good movie, with some classic lines, my 17 year old keeps repeating them around the house, and it still makes me laugh, some real cringe moments too though, but you can't help but carry on watching............ Comes close to crossing "the line", but just about keeps within it, which Borat and Bruno don't!!!
on 13 February 2013
I was a little aprehensive about buying this Cohen offering, however I was nicely surprised at the material contained. a little bit childish in places but it was good to sit down and watch a bit of close to the Boner adult humour. haven't laughed so much for ages.
on 24 October 2007
Loved and laughed a lot with Baron's tv shows in the 90's. The Jews are smart and funny but Baron doesn't know where to draw the line. Because of the obsessed focus on private parts he becomes predictable which deflates the excitement. He is indeed clever and has an enviable gift - humour: shame he grinds it into the ground by lewdness. Children are in the show yet one could not let children view it!
This dvd is colourful and well presented. The production is contemporary. Now I have seen it I will chuck it. More prefered are his cunning reality based performances which gain insight whilst exposing truths beneficial for knowledge and a hearty giggle eg: "Ali G in Da USA" and "Ali G, innit".