Customer reviews

Everybody
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 April 2002
I am into all types of music, but mainly pop. I had been given the first album and to say I was dissapointed would be an understatement. However, when the new song EVERYBODY came out, I was so impressed, and hoping they had gone in a new direction I got the album.
The album starts very well indeed, kicking off with Everybody, the one and only single. Then Suddenly, a very cool song with a digital sound and onto We Go On. This song is very retro and grows on you, but way too experimental for Hear'Say to have ever released. Back Down To Zero is a sweet ballad great vocals from Kym as usual. Play To Win, a spanish influenced upbeat song is the hilight here, then Angel In My Heart, a very good ballad, which WAS going to be the second single. So far, the album is to a very high standard and almost all songs could have been released, however, that is where it stops! From track 7 onwards, the songs are so bad and cheesy, it is too much to bear!
The beginning of this album is definately up to scratch, which shows that they ARE capable of making good pop music. If they had spent twice as long (26 days) making this album and only used songs as good as the first 6, it would have been a great album.
They thought that people would buy their new album with their eyes shut, didnt realise that people would have to listen with their ears shut!
on 10 March 2002
After hearing poor reviews from various sources I lowered my expectations yet still didn't enjoy. "Everybody" snd "Suddenly", the first two tracks, make the album seem promising. However, it slides into a swamp of dire, forgetful tracks soon after. The album ends with a new version of "Pure And Simple", which is too similar to the original to be taken seriously. A disapointment to say the least, I recommend you buy the single.
on 12 December 2001
How dare anyone judge an album before they listen to it. And sod chart positions. If you are a Hear'say fan, then get this album. Wait for the next single "Angel In My Heart" and rumoured third single "Don't Go Believing" and you will beg for this album. Ok, it's a bit different to 'Popstars' but listen to Britney's new single, What a change! Their voices have matured, and the album is pure pop. It's xmas for goodness sake, every band is releasing greatest hits albums, even bands that don't exist anymore, like 5ive, Beatles, Abba! If this was released in Feb / March, it would fly to number one. Just listen to it. Don't prejudge. Hear'say 4eva.
S - Single
ATA - Album track alwaya
PS - Possible single
EVERYBODY (S #1) - A fanstastic single, stopped to number 1 by "Gotta Get Thru This". Catchy and upbeat.
SUDDENLY (ALA)- A fistey track, similar to Everybody but with a bit of flava! Weird rap from Suzanne in the middle though.
WE GO ON - Oriental fast track with a pure pop sound. (PS)
BACK DOWN TO ZERO (ALA) - One of those tracks that grows on you. Fiesty.
PLAY TO WIN (PS) - The most upbeat track on the album and one that you remember.
ANGEL IN MY HEART (S #2) - The best track and most lovely ballad I've heard in ages. Excellent vocals from Kym and Noel. Heartwarming track.
YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY (ALA) - Mostly a duet by Kym and Danny with backing from Suzanne. The only cover version on the album. A bit of a weird track but a grower.
NOT THE END OF THE WORLD (PS) - One you want to listen to over and over again. Brilliant.
DON'T GO BELIEVING (PS #3) - Performed on show "Hear'say It's Saturday". A mid-tempo ballad. Excellent.
HOME AGAIN (ATA) - Could be theme to sunday night ITV drama. It's a loveley tune but sounds like something of tele. But doesn't make it bad, it's one of my fave tracks.
A GOOD THING (PS) - Another mid tempo poss single. Could be a good dance number with a remix.
STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART (ALA) - A nice track to finish the album off with before.....
PURE & SIMPLE (NEW VERSION) (ALA) - Obviously not going to be a single. The words and tune stay the same, with new intro, and back beat, making it more dancy. Listen to this one for a while, then the original and you will hear how different it actually is. The vocals have been recorded, but still have that same attitude, but the vocals have matured making it better than the original.
THATS ALL FOLKS. BUY THIS ALBUM.
on 17 December 2001
The first time I played this album I wasn't convinced but, like Hear'say's first album (which has become a personal favourite) it's grown on me.
The album kicks off with the band's recent single Everybody and finishes off with a re-mix of Pure and Simple but between these two tracks are eleven other gems.
For me, the most memorable of these are We Go On (as a previous reviewer said, a slightly Oriental sounding pop tune), Back Down to Zero (my personal favourite), Angel in My Heart (rumoured to be the second single), Straight From the Heart and Not the End of the World (an upbeat track that 's really catchy). But each of the other tracks, ballads and good old pop are great.
If you're a fan of Hear'say I think you'll like this. After Popstars, I was worried I'd be diappointed. I'm not.
on 4 July 2014
Everybody was Hear'say's 2nd album in a year in 2001! Lead single and tile track was rather chessy but had a fun video and was very catchy.

Song's like Back Down To Zero,Play To Win,Suddenly,We Go On and Your All I Need To Get By are great songs this album has fun moments and is actually really great to relax to.
on 6 December 2001
I enjoyed the different styles of music in the album which I enjoyed just as much as the first. Having seen Hear'Say live in concert this year I think they have real talent. If you enjoy some pop songs, some ballads and something inbetween...they buy it...and enjoy it!!!
on 5 March 2002
First I heard Pure & Simple and I knew that's Music. So I bought this CD and just LOVED it. It refreshing, popular and the kids have really good voices. I do love this group-singing as well. This CD is just a feel-good-maker!!!
on 15 February 2002
Hear'Say were chosen for their outstanding vocal abilities, & it certainly shows here! The vocals are faultless, & the songs are catchy, moving & above all fun! There's something here for everybody! Buy it now!
on 26 March 2002
With two number one singles and a number one album, Hear'Say couldn't have asked for any better than number 20 with this album. Obviously they would have been astounded if it did get to number one but this isn't what music is all about. The main thing is that the band enjoyed recording and they were very busy before, during and after production of this album, making it difficult to make as big an impression as with the first one.
The best track on the CD has to be Angel In My Heart as it was psycologically the most difficult track for many of the band who have either had relatives who have passed away or who are away from home for long periods of time.
My personal faves on this alb are back down to zero, play to win, angel in my heart, home again, straight from the heart and not the end of the world.
This is a contrasting album to the first one with a new mix of sounds including a latino number, the pop, ballads and even some slightly eastern sounds creeping in. Now that they have a new member with new ideas, it will be interesting to see what they can come up with next, whatever it is I am sure that it will be a massive hit.
on 7 February 2002
Wow. what can I say? it is simply the best album ever. If you have not got it why not?
I liked almost everytrack on this stunnig album which surprised me as not everyone I know liked it at all. I just love a big helping of pop. Keep up thec good work with the new member Jonny Shentelle.