VINE VOICEon 8 April 2017
Bought as an education to myself, some amazing music on this set. Really really love it.
on 18 October 2009
60 tracks, that's sixty songs across 3 discs from early Motown. I am really enjoying these discs. There is so much variety. Many of these tracks were stateside hits in their own right but I bought them on LPs in sales. Groups like the Elgins, Velvelettes, Detroit Spinners and the Contours are included here with tracks we all know. I am sure that there are tracks taht werent released in the UK too.

There are originals of songs like Money and Do You Love Me. There are great songs by the Ruffins and the Isley Brothers There's odd stuff too like he Tom Clay track which sensibly is at the end of CD 2.

This is not just a nostalgia experience, it's both a good introduction to the sound of Motown and a development beyond the Hitsville expereince.

"Heaven must have sent you" is a good description of this collection. The price is superb value too.
on 5 March 2017
Fantastic tracks not usually on Motown cds
on 3 November 2012
There are so many Motown box sets available, it must be difficult to know where to start. For people new to classic Motown (are there any?), I'd suggest this plus Spectrum's excellent True Motown. This gives you six CDs for 12.50, combining the "greats" plus some more obscure tracks. This is arguably a better option than Total Motown - 5 CDs at 10 quid.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 January 2017
All of these artist and songs where new to me and made me feel like I was transported to the 60's couldn't fault this compilation one bit
on 15 March 2013
All of these songs bring back memories of when I used to go out clubbing, never off the dance floor, happily singing along so the tunes ring around my house with me singing along and my children laughing as I try to show them how we danced to these songs!
on 11 October 2017
A great selection of tracks, money well spent!
on 5 March 2018
great cd
on 11 September 2017
Same again all these CDs I buy are excellent great music
on 25 July 2017
nice to hear those songs again