Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2014
An all time classic cd for total relaxation
on 26 March 2013
I first encountered Mike Rowland's music back in the early eighties. I attended a group meditation evening and can remember thinking meditate, oh yeah, right we'll see!

The next week, extremely quickly, I found myself miles away and snoring deeply.

Eventually, I reached the stage where I could feel myself gently rising from the floor, swirling round and then just drifting around planets, as beautiful colours blended before my eyes.

The above sounds crazy and I have only managed the above sensation on one other occasion.

If you really want to chill out and relax, then this is the music for you.

Other CD's by Mike Rowland are also very good I.E., Silver Wings.

Janine.
on 21 March 2012
Last week, I was writing a blog post about the things I do to manage bipolar (or BPD). One of the little things I do is to keep handy some relaxing, reassuring music and I mentioned Mike's album "Fairy Ring" on my post. Because it is some of the most moving yet relaxing music I've ever heard.

It was first played to me during the only Reiki session I've ever had in my life. As soon as it's soothing tones appeared, I was off and away and relaxed. Sometimes emotions appeared within me that I couldn't and still can't give expression to. Sometimes, I simply felt deeply relaxed and comforted. I hope it has that same effect on you. If ever I need to wipe away a busy day, a busy week, and heave a great sigh, relax, breathe deeply, this is still the main album I play.

Otherwise, I like reggae, soul, some rock, classical... I can also recommend Music For Stress Relief - also to be found on Amazon.Music for Stress Relief 2CD
on 8 July 2015
I have been looking for this on cd for years. I had it on cassette many years ago I unfortunately lost it. so happy to finally find this again on cd, it is soul medicine on cd, absolutely brilliant, no matter what life brings this cd brings so much comfort and joy to the ears. been a firm favourite of mine for many years. so happy to be reunited with this cd again. a pleasure no matter how many times I hear it. everyone needs this in their cd collection trust me. BUY IT.
on 1 March 2010
I first came across this recording about 30 years ago on cassette and thought it wonderful to help one to relax, and is great as calming background music, helpful for quiet contemplation, I was not disappointed when I received this CD, it is very close to the original if it is not a direct copy.
on 8 March 2011
I first heard this music twenty years ago. It has been with me ever since, a place I return to when the world gets too much. The Fairy Ring never fails to take me to a realm of peace and tranquility. The world always looks a different and enchanted place afterwards. Highly recommended.
on 10 March 2005
This is my most favourite album for relaxatiom, meditation and Tai Chi. Mike Rowland truly captures the soul and touches the senses with his beautiful rendition of music and nature. I first bought this classic many ,many years ago when it was released on cassette only, and have purchased several cd's of it since for gifts to friends . In every case they have always been bowled over by its magical harmonies and sensitivity. It is really is one of the great pieces of inspiration I have ever experienced. Over the many years I have come to treasure it more and more. I have collected Mike's music for many years and consider him to be one of the finest and sincere musicians of our time.
on 23 April 2012
I purchased the Fairy Ring on tape many years ago and played and played it until it wore out. I think it is the most beautiful, soulful, soothing music I have ever heard and I was delighted to find that it is now on CD. Since purchasing it recently I have played it over and over and I don't think I'll ever tire of it. I can't imagine how I've lived so long without it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 February 2011
At a very "low" period in my life I visited my local Christian Spiritualist Church and they used Fairy Ring in their meditation sessions.

In those days it was a cassette and the music was piano only.

Later I bought my own copy on cassette but the same music had had strings added. Took a while but I got used to that.

I bought this cd as my cassette version is crackly these days.

I have listened to the opening minutes of each of the four parts on this cd and cannot identify any of them as being my original meditation music.

Still for all of that, the music is beautiful and uplifting, I am sure anyone meditating will find this music to their taste, I am going to try.
on 24 September 2012
I'm very glad to have Mike Rowlands Fairy Ring back in my collection and on cd as it was previously on tape. I often play it to new friends. It gives me great pleasure to watch the daily stress fade from their faces and they even lose track of what they are saying because this piece of music has unwound them so effectively. I detect slight changes in this version but nothing that concerns me too much.