on 28 October 2016
When shopping for a substantial Bee Gees greatest hits collection recently, I almost settled on the Ultimate Collection. However, I just didn't feel satisfied with what was offered on that collection so I kept looking instead of buying it and I'm so glad I found this!

The packaging/presentation of this collection may put some people off verses the appearance of the Ultimate Collection, as we have been trained to go with the more attractive looking products. But it's true that the more attractive packaging doesn't necessarily mean a better product. One reason why I chose The Record: Their Greatest Hits collection over the Ultimate Bee Gees is that it has the original version of Guilty which I knew I wanted over a live version. This collection also has slightly more songs. The Record does a great job of celebrating a life time of music by the Bee Gees because you get their early hits, the Saturday Night Fever hits, and the hits beyond; and it does this in chronological order, which I absolutely love and wish more greatest hits did so we can hear the progression of the artists' music. One thing that is revealed from approaching the music in this way without trying is how explosive the Saturday Night Fever material was for the Bee Gees career without leaving out the hits before and after. This collection shows that they had so many hits during this era that had a sound differing to the earlier and later material that if you weren't alive or old enough to remember the Saturday Night Fever era, you can easily see for yourself why it seemed to overshadow the Bee Gees' career.

A collection like this is great for making us remember forgotten hits like Love You Inside Out. It also includes a lovely alternative version of Immortality. If you tend to prefer studio versions over live versions, as I do, then this is the collection for you over the Ultimate Collection. This collection is quite comprehensive of the Bee Gees and does a good job of showing how universal the Bee Gees music is as it really is a CD collection the whole family can enjoy. There is something here for every age group.

I'm so glad I bought this. The only thing that could have made it better is to have had added the option of getting a CD of Andy's greatest hits.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 July 2015
Love the Boys Sadly only one BG left now bit this a great album and shows their full career...from New York Mining Disaster to " This is where I came in" their last hit and recording It was a shame that the Boys fell out and more so when Mo dide when he fell out with Robin TOO and then he went from Our World and that left Barry with sadness...2 CDs packed with good quality songs ALL written by the Boys...You would be a fool NOT to buy it...My fav is " How can You mend A Broken Heart" xx
on 2 August 2018
Great album , I got it for a pittance second-hand and in near perfect condition. They sound like the Beatles or Hermans Hermits on the very early stuff , but soon found their voice with Masachussets and the rest is pop history
on 3 June 2018
I really enjoyed this collection - taking me back over the years to a period where songs seemed to be much more tuneful, not so dirge-like as many more modern ones, and you could just 'sing along'!
on 12 August 2018
Absolutely fantastic CD of the Bee Gees greatest hits all the hits are there some of them really took me back in time Wonderful
on 14 July 2016
So many decades of excellent music contained in just two CDs here. This collections contains all of the important work by the Bee Gees and is a great introduction to their vast catalogue.
on 23 April 2005
this is an essential purchase for any fan. Even if you have the box set ( which I do), or the recent "no.1's" ( which I don't), you must get this for the 4 new recordings that are unavailable elsewhere. Yes, you may be duplicating nearly all the tracks, but these 4 are worth the purchase alone. I hadn't realised what a good song "Islands in the stream" was until I heard Robin singing it,it really works as a R&B song instead of country.
If you don't have "no.1's" there is no contest, even if you do, don't hesitate! I got mine from Amazon at a fiver, tremendous value!
4 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2018
went to milton keynes to see tribute act so this cd reminds both my wife and me of a great night
on 17 February 2006
I could list all the best tracks but you know them already. Bee Gees have so got a sound of their own simply nothing compares to them. There is no mistakening their sound. As for greatest hits Cds there has been many Bee Gee ones which I use to say "same CD different cover" this one however gives you some tracks not available on other greatest hits. To compliment this Cd I brought the DVD 'Bee Gees One Night Only' also highly recommended. Go on... Have a bit of a Saturday Night Fever
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 November 2014
Fabulous album, i love the Bee Gees and i loved Kenny Everett's impression of them in the early eighties.
They wrote and performed a huge number of immortal hits and are one of the
greatest groups in history.
Fantastic.