on 19 May 2017
Alan Rickman was such a terrific actor and this is one of my all time favourite films of his, my second favourite being 'Snowcake'. I think he is brilliant alongside Juliet Stevenson and her portrayal of bereavement, and losing the person you love is incredibly moving, and rings true. Her journey through grief to coping alone is the best I've seen in film. A magical, moving, absorbing fill. The talent of the actors here is second to none. A classic.
5 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2015
I first saw this film when it was televised by the BBC several years ago, before I understood the concept of love and loss.

It was a joy to see it again. Juliet Stevenson & Alan Rickman beautifully portray Nina and Jamie. I understand all too well now about love & loss and I totally understand how Nina felt. The film has its comedic moments, but the story shows that it is possible to move on after the death of a loved one.

I think that this film should be seen by everyone who is having trouble moving on. It takes you through the grieving and letting go with great sensitivity. I know what I'm talking about due to personal experience. Even to viewers who are skeptical about the spirit world there is still something here for them.

This is a beautiful film with great scenes and real empathy for the bereaved. I would recommend this film to anyone
4 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2017
I'm trying to convince my teenaged daughter that some 20th century films have stood the test of time. Dirty Dancing did, Ghost did not, this does apart from the men's haircuts. I cried all over again, and so did she.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 December 2017
I loved this film when it came out and still love it today. The performances are beautiful and it makes me weep and also fills me with hope. the script and the execution of it is sublime. A glorious soundtrack of Bach and some absolutely heartbreaking scenes, just buy it.
One person found this helpful
on 20 May 2017
Fabulous life-affirming film by the late and great Anthony Minghella with the unsurpassable Juliet Stevenson and Alan Rickman and a terrific supporting cast.
One person found this helpful
on 9 September 2017
Bought this after years of memories of the film ,was extremely surprised that I could even get it. I think it's a lovely film drama and comedy all in one. Received brilliant service from seller a really fast delivery . Thanks for making my day!!
on 29 October 2015
One of my all time faves. Haven't seen this in years, since I owned it on VHS in fact. Two of the most amazingly talented Brit actors around, and this film for me, has still one of THE best 'crying' scenes I've ever saw. Made such an impression on me all those years ago, and I'm happy to say it's lost none of its charm. Simply superb.
on 20 February 2018
This must be my favourite film of all time. Heartbreaking, yet full of hope. And superb performances throughout.
on 11 April 2018
1st time round I absolutely loved this film & now 2nd time round it's just as wonderful. Quality of dvd makes it even better
on 16 August 2017
One of the best films I've ever seen. Alan Rickman is both hilarious and sad in this role. Don't watch this film without a box of tissues.