All Hits
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 December 2009
I bought this CD for my wife last year, as part of a grand scheme to recreate the 12 days of Christmas - this CD was supposed to represent the Four Calling Birds. This didn't go down too well, as my wife doesn't suffer fools gladly, and also has an IQ in triple figures (I know, we're not well matched).

I have to say, if the original Christmas song featured the line 'Four Wailing Bints' then it would be much nearer the mark. However, to quote alt-indie poetmeister DC Berman, 'all my favourite singers couldn't sing', so I'm actually well disposed to this slice of 90s disposable culture. Their version of Under the Bridge far surpasses the awful original, and their massive single 'Pure Shores' gave some much needed credibility to that dreadful film 'The Beach' (along with the casting of Paterson Joseph). It's a shame they're no longer together, but I'm still holding out hope for another reunion when they need some cash.

Anyway, in case your wondering I seriously had to grovel for my wife to take me back - happily, day five's book of Olympian heroes more than fixed things, until the leaping peers turned up.

Five stars - best record of the Naughties (Scottish pronunciation).
on 7 November 2001
ive liked the all saints since they first started and most of their hits have been good, epecially Under the Bridge that was a brilliant cover of the Chili Peppers and some of their newer tracks: Pure Shores and Black Coffee. this is a great cd with all their best hits... if u liked the other albums you'll obviously like this!!
on 6 November 2001
The all Saints are the kind of band that you don't mind hearing in a club or on the radio, but purchasing their stuff is another matter. As much as Pure Shores and Black Coffee are beautiful to listen to a couple of times, I wouldn't purchase an album simply on that. The other tracks on this Greatest Hits album are not terribly inspiring. This is perhaps due to the lack of hits the All Saints actually have. Bootie call is boring, and did they put the Artful Dodger track on there to fill a gap?!? As for Lady Marmalade, the Moulin Rouge version is better. Purchase this album and listen to it twice. It'll be fairly dull after that!
on 2 September 2008
Bought the Sunday Mail a few days ago (Sunday 30 August 2008) in order to get this album for free. Yes free! And quite frankly, unless you are into "Girlie Bands" then you'd only want this to play for your girlfriend or wife in order to put her in a good mood.
I got the album to build up my ever increasing CD collection and, as a part-time DJ, I'm bound to be asked for some obsolete songs - and you couldn't get more obsolete than All Saints.
When I heard they were splitting up the first time I was thrilled. It was only bettered when B*witched split. Then, a few years later, they re-formed and it was a nightmare come true. Then, after one song, they had their recording contract terminated and I could sleep easy again.
Going back to the album (otherwise I might get accused of using this opportunity to whinge about a group I don't like) it has all their so-called hits so that will please the Saints fans but had it not been free in the paper I might seriously have continued avoiding the album.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 February 2018
Picked this handy little compilation up from a Mail On Sunday freebie package and was pleasantly surprised to hear some cool, R 'n' B sounds especially 'Pure Shores', 'Black Coffee' and, of course, 'Never Ever' as well as their funkier material such as 'I Know Where It's At' and covers of 'Lady Marmalade' and (I can hear the howls of Red Hot Chilli Peppers fans from here!) 'Under The Bridge'. Far cooler than the Spice Girls, All Saints definitely come across well here.
on 18 October 2010
Years ago, I bought this CD basically to find out a bit more about the lovable All Saints. Years later, I found the same CD on a shelf in my bedroom, put it in my stereo and pressed 'play' and waited for the glorious sounds to arrive - my god, what a great batch of tracks! "Pure Shores" has a soulful sound, whilst "Lady Marmalade (98 Remix)" is a superiour cover of the disco original, a definite must-have in my good-books! "I Know Where It's At (Original Mix)" has the ladies in fine vocal sounds, whilst "Pure Shores (2 Da Beach U Stop Remix)" gives listeners the impression that that the hip-hoppers are back in town and it's all over now, but a few minutes later, surprise surprise, two 'hidden' tracks appear in the form of "I Feel You" and "Dreams", and then, it's defintely the end - for now anyway. All in all, a superiour CD has just left the building, but if you want to find out a bit more about this top-notch girlie group, this is defintely your calling card! Brilliant - and definately recommended!
on 2 March 2012
All Saints 4 piece all girl band in direct competition with the Spice Girls. This was not a good contest. At least all saints can actually sing with or without music.

Although this greatest hits collection was put together very quickly after two albums . The songs have a good mixture of funk soul and hip hop combined with there silky lyrics. But if you look at all saints albums properly this was the 5th album if you include the first album that did not get anywhere and the third album which was a remix album of the second.

The songs that are featured on this are exactly what made me compare them to girl groups like the bangles who actually wrote there own material. The songs such as never ever and black coffee are tow outstanding songs with I know where it's at and bootie call coming in a close second.

There are two great hidden tracks on the album I feel you and dreams that round the hits off very nicely. If you want a good sounding album that gives a good cross section of music this is the one for you.
on 18 July 2017
I went to see them as the support act for a Take That and forgot how good they were, great tracks and fab driving music 🎶
on 5 August 2014
i wanted to give this 5 stars i really did but the reason i didn't there 2 cover versions Lady Marmalade and Under the bridge. If these 2 tracks wasn't on i would adore this album!!! i know they was big hits but i never liked them....

Highlights are clearly Pure Shores,Black Coffee,Bootie Call and All Hooked Up.

I never heard the tracks at the end i feel you and dreams but i liked them not loved :/
on 20 December 2017