Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 November 2001
R&R is two digitally mixed compilations of lesser known BT tracks. It includes collaborations with other artists, remixes of other artists and tracks under different pseudonyms (Libra, Dharma). Also included are a few of his tracks which have been remixed by, amongst others, Timo Maas, Hybrid and Plump DJs.
Whilst I have some of the songs on various CD singles and some in different versions on the 3 albums, it is fantastic to have some of these old favourites alongside the many tracks here that are new to me, and flawlessly blended into hour(ish) long discs.
The only track I'm not so sure of here is the remix of Dreaming. It's not a bad track and in isolation I would consider excellent. The problem is BT sets a very high standard to be compared to and this was one of my favourites from Movement In Still Life. I personally prefer the original to this remix but can understand why it has been included and in no way does it detract from the overall quality of the album.
Overall, an excellent, 5* album and well worth the money. Favourite tracks? The two collaborations with Sasha (I'm Alive, Heart of Imagination), Fibonacci Sequence and Blue Skies with Tori Amos.
For any fan of Mr Transeau, there is plenty of quality here. Beautiful synths, incredible programming and percussion, and of course those trademark pianos which crop up on several tracks.
I'll say nothing more as the absolute brilliance of this man's music deserves to speak for itself.
on 22 October 2001
Since releasing Ima in 1995 BT has crafted dance music to a different level to any other artist. With this compilation, BT gives the first retrospective of his career. Some fans may be disappointed by the slightly misleading title as, to be honest, there is not a huge amount of rare BT tracks. This however would be missing the point as this was never intended to be a B-sides compilation. The CD opens with sunblind, one of Transeau's earliest tracks and it sets the tone for what is a magical trip through multi-genre dance. CD1 contains BT's mixes of other artists tracks while CD2 is all BT tracks including an incredible and somewhat unlikely D n' B version of the hip hop phenomenon. This album works best if you have only heard the US version of MISL but even if you have all the BT albums (like I do) this is still a must buy!
on 17 October 2006
This was the first album of BT's that I bought and I was astounded. BT compiles a mix of heavy and light trance with hints of club and techno themes. The album contains 22 tracks in total and I can honestly say I didn't tire once. Each song has its own blend of BT's ingenuity, individualistic style and feel. Of course there are the amazing tracks, such as "Remember", "Flaming June", but I believe that the album should be appreciated as a whole. Rare and Remixed is a must have for any fan of the genre, but if you wish to dip into the genre, I can predict you'll be pleasently surprised.
on 3 August 2007
As a fan of some of BT's work I felt compelled to share my thoughts on R&R!! After discovering ESCM last summer and being in awe of some of the sheer brilliance and range of skills from different instruments to the wildest range of synths and percussions you just don't hear from artists of this nature!! Well summing up, some of his work is brilliance to me and some of it is not so much-I always wanted to hear him do a mix album and looked around trying Emotional Tech. TBU, etc and was disappointed! Bow I found R&R and it is just what I always wanted--it is a super effort by BT demonstrating a range of skills and styles that would leave all but a handful of DJ's to absolute shame!! I cant really fault a track here on R&R but there is some real standouts like dreaming, PvD's forbidden fruit remix, sunblind and blue skies!! A total 5*+ CD!! Its easy to see why this guy is revered by Tiesto, Sasha and Van Dyk!! He was 10 years ahead of them in ways!!
on 22 August 2013
Love BT music, and this cd is one of his best. The condition is great for used item and discs no scratches either. Great buy really pleased with purchase x
on 8 November 2003
This collection is a perfect overview of BT’s work, it features all his masterpieces like “remember” and “flaming june”, the best remixes like “shame” and the classics like “calling your name”. My favorite song here is “sunblind”, sounds like “flaming june” with the addition of vocals from Jan Johnston. Is not simple to do a collection with an author like BT who uses a lot of different styles, but this cd does the job perfectly. In my opinion is better than “10 years in the life” that features too much edits and old songs. Recommended to those who want to know BT, a perfect first buy.All BT’s fans will not be disappointed