on 1 June 2013
Believe the advanced amateur description.
This is quite fussy over what portable digital recorders it will work with as well, not all have the pre-amps to cope. The best I have encountered so far is the Sony PCM-M10.
As far as I am concerned this is representative of a lot of lower end sound recording kit. If you have a bit of experience, there is little problem, but if you are a beginner brought up on computers, smart phones and cameras, all of which will give you what you want with no real knowledge then its a bit pot luck if you will be happy with your purchase. Certainly there is nothing on the package that would any newbie any clues to what it is best used for. To be fair Sony do provide technical info, but that is only useful if you understand it.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 July 2015
A very fine piece of kit. I have already made a couple of excellent recordings to my minidisc recorder and the results are very pleasing. I would thoroughly recommend this product. Delivery was fast and the item was well packed.
One person found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 14 March 2014
Great Item great quality. Works great with MiniDisk machine, no problem at all- great sound quality lovely to operate, nice feel I have two Sony Mics great!
on 11 April 2014
This was an excellent item. I used this to record my vocal lessons when I was in university and it was a great help as IT was able to listen to my classes back.
on 11 December 2013
I'm sure this microphone would be fine (hence the 3 stars) but it came without a battery, not a big problem, but the XLR connector wasn't in with it as the description stated which rendered it useless for the interface I had ordered for my son. Not sure if all suppliers are the same but I've sent it back to get a refund.
on 19 October 2011
This mic was a replacement of an old frend, as our new pupy eate the last oneit is a pity they are not made eney more.
One person found this helpful
on 21 January 2016
Returned to seller. It was not compatible with the recorder.
on 14 April 2013
A very good quality sound obtained from such a small, inexpensive Mic.
Just what you'd expect from a class manufacturer.
So portable for carrying around to catch that special moment.
Excellent value for the cost.
:-))
on 20 February 2014
The function and performance were true to specifications. I purchased it to record vocal and instrument tracks on a digital reorder.
on 25 December 2014
The microphone has been tested and gives good sound