on 31 August 2014
I bought these as I wanted some cheap earphones for the in flight entertainment when going on holiday but at the same time wanted a decent brand. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality though.

Firstly, they are very comfortable and seem to be the perfect fit for my ears. The sound is excellent with no distortion at all in the bass. The kind of audiophiles who will spend £100+ on headphones will probably hate them, for the average person who wants good quality at a good price, you can't go wrong with these.
on 18 January 2012
I wanted a cheap pair of earphones and these are ideal. Sound quality is fine for my basic needs. They arrive in a sealed plastic packaging. My one criticism is that the little foam covers for the earphone are not terribly good quality. One of mine ripped as I was trying to fit it. It is OK as it was not too badly damaged, but you need to be careful when fitting them.
on 16 November 2011
These headphones are really goood, the quality is great with good bass and crisp sound, however the end of the headphones near to 3.5mm headphone jack feels like if not enough care is taken they'll break. If you tug on them a little bit the sound is affected.

I wasn't happy with the length of the cable. It just isn't long enough it should be about 2 metres minimum
But all in all good so far *thumbs up*
on 27 March 2017
nice pair
on 18 October 2014
Poor quality. Do not buy.
on 6 July 2012
The best product and trusted for years.
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2007
I've had these headphones for around two years now and only in the last few months or so have I noticed any wear in the sound quality. However, this is not surprising as I have been less than gentle with them. They've been thrown around, dropped, stuffed in a drawer, kicked, you name it. Remarkably they still worked fine for ages. The only problem now is the jack-plug sometimes needs twisted a bit in my Ipod when I start loosing sound in one ear. I will definitely be purchasing these headphones again as for 6 pounds the sound quality is well above that price, plus they are very robust, they are the most comfortable ear buds I have worn and they're cheap enough to restock once they go the way of the dodo. I should also mention that these headphones don't use the system of looping the wire round your neck, it is the standard parallel wire which I love.
Definitely a recommended purchase, I doubt you'll find better headphones at this price.
22 Comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2008
I am the owner of 4 other pairs of the earphones. I will comment on these pairs with E818LP model so that you can get a feel when you make your choice.
I bought two pairs of E818LP from Amazon.co.uk, not from the marketplace.

The sound is very impressive. I would say I would pay as much as GBP18 for such a pair.

I previously used a E808 model from a Sony MD player, and I love the sound it produced, and it was definitely an all-rounder. The bass is OK, middle range is smooth and full, and high tone is also very clear and not too weak. But that pair was eventually broken after sever years usage. When I discovered there was no E808 sold anywhere, I chose to get a pair of this, which is the closest to the E808. I was right! That one is exactly as good as that pair.

Comparing with other pairs I have at the moment,
AKG K26P:
AKG is sharper and clearer,but the pressure exerted on the ears prevent from prolonged period of listening, and more expensive.

Creative Aurvana X-Fi Noise Cancelling Headphones:
Creative's noise cancelling is really really good, however the price over GBP 100 doesn't justify that the sound quality is no much better than E818LP!

Koss PortaPro - High Quality Sound Stereophone:
This pair has much stronger bass than 818, good for watching movies, but similar to AKG, pressure exerted on ears prevents prolonged usage

Creative Labs EP-630/A Earphones:
No match to 818, absolutely waste of money. I dislike the ear-tunnel type, because the only effect you can expect is the enlargement of the sound produced by your teeth chewing a gum or an apple!

All in all, for such a nice price, if you have the 60 pound, you should buy ten pairs of this.

BTW, for those who have iPod, I can ensure you this pair is much much better than the original pair with iPod.

Finally, good luck for your earphone-hunting, I have found my treasure!
on 21 May 2008
Iv'e owned some of these for around 3 years now and they still work fine, brilliant biuld quality and strong all round sound performance. Bass is good for standard earbud shape and vocal reproduction is superb when listening to 192k WMA 9.2 files on my Zen vision m. They even seem to hide compression artifacts in MP3's and sound great on my laptop for movies espesially DVD's which naturally suffer from vocal drop out, with these it's simply not an issue. Even windows media player 11 sounds good. What a bargain, since writing this iv'e bought another pair for my laptop, sony's done it again, simply good in every way, theyre what I look for in earphones, comfortable, good all round sound and a nice rubbery cord which helps prevent tangeling
on 18 February 2006
I've had these headphones for years, and they've never failed to impress me. The sound quality is good, and they are sturdy and reliable. What more do you want?