Format: DVD|Change

on 25 March 2015
I have to agree with many others. I too wasn't expecting much - especially since I'd bought it from Poundland - but in fact it was a nice piece of entertainment and, for me, a bit of an eye opener on a younger generations culture. I love films that take me another world and give me another perspective on life.
on 28 May 2012
This is my favourite film. Even though it comes on television very often, I still felt the need to purchase this DVD and add it to my collection. With the best hip-hop music and dance moves, Save The Last Dance is the standard by which I measure all other dance films. It's a classic worth watching!
on 26 October 2014
There are a lot of dance movies that mostly focus on some big dance competition between rivalling crews. But this dance flick is purely original. There is no dance battle (as such), it tackles issues such as the loss of a parent, racism and ambition. This is one of the best movies to ever be made.
on 28 July 2016
I loved this film when it first came out and I continue to enjoy it now. The story is powerfully moving whilst also incorporating humour and warmth. This combined with a great soundtrack and fantastic dancing makes it a must-watch for anyone into music and dance!
on 26 February 2002
Sean Patrick Williamson perfoms amazingly in this movie as a student desperate to get into George town to become a doctor. Julia Styles' performance isn't as good as her previous movies but if her accent and her attitiude doesn't annoy you it's great. all about life in the hood wit baby mamas and all the usual hype. Julia styles' character has given up ballet dancing cos her mom died and with the help of Sean's character she gets into the uni she wants and enjoys dancingonce again. BUY THE SOUNDTRACK ! if u like hip-hop and romance a fantastic movie but the soundtrack is better. full of good moves good grooves, sex, violence, romance, heartache and everything u expect in a movie well worth watching! westside baby
on 7 February 2006
To be honest, I didn't expect this film to be anything special but it's surprisingly heartwarming and nice. All the racial stuff going on there is a bit annoying at times (and before you ask, no, I'm not racist). Otherwise, it's a nice love story that also makes you really think about following your dream. All in all, you wouldn't regret watching it but I must say that it's more of a chick flick kind of thing :)
on 19 January 2016
this movies has lots of bad attitude and language and a whole new language to me. Otherwise I would have given it 5 stars. But I did like the story and the two main characters getting it together in the end.
on 11 February 2015
I've just read that in this film Julia stiles had a dance stunt double,that isnt true,she trained for hours 7 days a week that's what makes it real with the dancing and it's a fantastic film,not to be mmissed
on 1 January 2002
This movie is THE best! With a soundtrack that rocks! If you like hiphop or Rn'B then this movie is for you. A blend of music, passion, preduice, action and of course dancing makes this movie one of the best that you will see. From the independent Chenille (Kerry Washington) to the jealous Nikki (Bianca Lawson) the "players" go from strength to strength. Also has been nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards and winning best kiss (Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas). You won't regret buying this movie.
on 11 June 2013
I absolutely love this film and always have so haven't got anything negative to say about it. Enjoy watching but be careful you don't leave your husband to look for a Derrick haha.