Top critical review
32 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2010
This is a more than adequate toothbrush and the battery would last forever if the battery compartment cover didn't split so easily. The cover on my brush split with a week or so, my wife's split after a couple of years. We only use these brushes occasionally when we go away, preferring a rechargeable version at home. I travel more than my wife, which probably accounts for my brush going first, also we often travel with the just my brush if we are away together. The less you open the cover the less the likelihood that the cover will split I guess. However, if you travel you will need to remove the batteries to avoid the brush turning on accidentally, which happened literally every time we traveled until we learned to remove the batteries. Once the cover is split, water easily gets inside and rapidly corrodes the batteries and rusts the contacts making the brush perform poorly and wastes batteries.
The battery cover is fiendishly hard to remove. My wife finds it impossible. If you have arthritis or any weakness in your hands you will need someone to open it for you.
I'd only recommend you buy this brush if you can avoid opening the battery compartment as much as possible, which rules it out as a travel toothbrush. If for some reason you don't want a rechargeable toothbrush for home use, then this would be an option as the batteries last six moths or so, meaning you'd only need to open it up twice a year at most.