Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2017
What can i say 'it is Diana Ross' great album
on 11 April 2017
All the hits all in one place
on 24 April 2017
well worth the money.
on 15 August 2017
Very entertaining, would recommend!
on 21 August 2017
Adds to my Diana Ross collection
on 2 January 2017
Ace.
on 23 May 2015
bought as a present for a friend they were delighted
on 19 November 2001
Ignore those that find 'Miss' Ross an easy target for criticism. On a purely musical level she has set standards for others for decades. This collection is not half-bad. A couple of fillers that could have been replaced with other Ross classics, but actually this gives quite a fair picture of her vocal capabilities and also, interestingly, how her voice has improved with age. Definitely recommended, it will outlast 'J-Lo's latest offering!
on 8 October 2011
I have been a casual fan of Miss Ross for as long as I remember (since the early 80s). Casual only because I hadnt heard half of the tracks on this CD. My boyfriend, who knew I liked her, decided to buy it as an extra with my christmas gift last year. I was completely blown away - I love every single song on this CD, and I cant believe that I had never heard tracks like "I'm Still Waiting", The Best Years Of My Life", "Touch Me In The Morning" and "Good Morning Heartache".

After I got this CD I finally understand just how talented Miss Ross is and why she is such a legend. The way she delivers songs is completely unique, she has tried on many different musical styles and her sheer body of work is amazing - despite often being overlooked. I have been playing it constantly and my boyfriend has now become a big fan as well ;)

Since I got this CD, I have purchased over 100(!) more Diana Ross CDs - every album, single, promo and compilation I have gotten my hands on, as well as books and DVD's. I never expected becoming such a big fan, but this CD did it for me. If you like it, then let me assure you that you will most likely enjoy her albums as well - she is far more then just a single artist!

Other good compilations (if you can find them) that I bought to get an even better feel for her music before I started to buy her complete catalog are the 2001 Motown Anthology (USA) and the excellent, but long out of print 2 CD set Anthology from 1986. There is a new double CD coming out next month, but there has been no tracklist made available yet. I will of course buy it for my collection, but I doubt it will surpass this one.
The Boss is back! And despite the fact that this is her upteemth greatest hits package, this is the most complete yet. I would certainly recommend any Diana Ross fans (and non-Diana Ross fans for that matter) to buy this, especially those who bought her last greeatest hits album ('One Woman'). For the first time ever, almost every Diana Ross hit is there - from the early Supremes favourite to the exellent new single 'Goin' Back'. The only hit that isn't there is her version of 'I will survuve', but then again, with so many decent songs, spanning 5 decades, one can't really complain. CD1 contains her more dancey tracks-from the Supremes Motown classics to her 1999 hit 'Not over you yet' (not her best effort). As usual, 'Upside Down' and 'I'm coming out' are there. However, there are also some singles from her Eaten Alive album from the 1980s which hadn't been availble previously on a greatest hits album. My favourite however, has to be the very underrated opener 'Chain Reaction' , produced by the Bee Gees. Over on CD2 (the ballads), 'Theme from Mohogany' still sounds as fresh as ever. And a personal favourite of mine, 'Remember Me' from her early days as a solo artist, is also there. Her duets with Lionel Richie and Marvyn Gaye are also included for the first time together on one CD. All in all, this is a fine compilation album which is very good value for money. OK there are some dodgy tracks (like 'Work that body' or 'Muscles' - even the names make you cringe), but if you are new to her music, then this is the ONE album you should buy. You won't be disappointed.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse