• Fever
  • Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 October 2001
The mainstay of 80s' pop follows up Light Years with another mature disco-offering, reclaiming her title as Princess Of Pop. Fever offers us a variety of funky tunes, from the catchy, almost sleepy kookiness of Can't Get You Out Of My Head, to the painfully brilliant Love At First Sight, which makes you want to listen to it again before it's even finished. There is not a duff song on this album, making it perfect for the stereo before a night out. Thankfully, it's pop/disco all the way, with only Fragile sounding vaguely ballad-like. It's not got the surreal campness of Light Years ; there is no Your Disco Needs You here - although Fever ("Doctor what do you diagnose"/Shall I remove my clothes?") comes close - but here is definitely a funkier, almost soul-like edge to her songs which progresses her music style more than Light Years. Kylie's back and once again has retained her pop crown.......
on 8 April 2002
This Album by Kylie sees a change in style, going less disco. The tracks are the same as the international version plus only one new song found also on 'Can't get you out of my head'(single). Butterfly is found on her 'Light Years' album.

All the songs are worth a listen, but I would recommend fans to buy the original version and then buy the first single from the album, to get the bonus track and another one too, with an enhanced section.
on 2 November 2001
Fever is a natural progression from last year's Light Years. It is not as varied and certainly no where as camp as Light Years and some of the songs sound a little samey but it is still a very enjoyable 45 minutes !
Apart from Can't Get You Out Of My Head, the other outstanding tunes are Fragile, In Your Eyes, Love at First Sight, Love Affair and Fever.
Fever is what Kylie is all about: Happy, uplifting, perfect pop.
on 21 February 2002
This is pure pop. Every song shimmers with glossy, but never overdone, production. 'I Just Can't Get You Out Of My Head' is a pop masterpiece and every other song on the album cries out for the same recognition. If only some of the bands I admit to liking could turn out albums of this quality!
on 28 December 2001
All I can say about this product is PERFECT...
if you liked CGUOOFMH ..and you want something like that ..move to {come into my world}.. it's NOT another copy.. but has the same style with stronger tunes.. I love it more than CGUOOMH
if u need to hear the powerful style of "on a night like this" and "your disco needs you" get ready to discover what is so far better, stronger and complexier in : "love affiar" and "in your eyes" ..these tracks would definitely lead you to feel the pleasure itself ...
want more of "spinning around" ??? go straight to "love at first sight" ,fever and your love, the simi between them is that kylie seems to be having so much fun doing those tracks
there's also more more more, the 100% disoc style which surprises at the beginng of the album ,
the electric "give it to me" {check the last part} .. and last but not least the softest song on the album "fragile" which
is the closest to a ballad with strong beats and heartbreaking chorus
I hadn't been a kylie fan. .but this cd made me totally change my mind....
Do urself a favor and buy this one....
on 19 October 2001
Kylie has amazed once again. After the massive comeback last year with 'Light Years' i really never thought it could get any better but i was wrong. Twelve brillant sorry perfect dance tracks that could all be singles. The massive 'Cant get you out of my head' and more.
More more more is so catchy and is a potential single i would think. Love at first Sight is a beautiful dance ballad about falling in love. Fever and Give it to me have a much more rough edge with gives the album strength. Fragile and Come into my world have to be two of my all time favorite Kylie songs Fragile simply because its sweet and soft Come into my world because its one of the catchiest songs yet. Afterwards it only gets better with In your eyes Dancefloor and the ace Love affair that reminds me of her earlier songs. Finishing with Burning up. At the start a mellow guitar strum by the end a raging dance anthem. Cant wait until next time!! Go buy.
on 7 October 2001
It is confirmed today (Sunday 7th of October 2001), that Kylie's latest album, "Fever" has entered the U.K. album charts at No.1 ! This is her 4th U.K. No.1 album out of nine releases and it contains "Can't Get You out Of My Head", which is at the same time, celebrating it's 3rd week at the top of the U.K. singles chart !
The slick production of both the single and the album appeals to pop-conscious Brits and I hope this album is also released in the U.S. and "burn up" the charts the way it did in the U.K. - Many congratulations Kylie on a stunning album !!
on 24 October 2001
Kylie's Fever is a magnificent album which consolidates her position as the best pop star on the planet!
It's true that Fever does not offer the variety of styles that Light Years did, nor is it as credible as Impossible Princess/Kylie Minogue ('98) but it is the best album Donna Summer never released!
Fever sounds like the soundtrack to Studio 54 as well as the soundtrack to 1979/1980.
Best tracks are More,More,More, Fever, Love At First Sight, In Your Eyes, Your Love, and Can't Get You Out Of My Head.
Whilst all the tracks have a similar rhythm, this only means it is a very consistent piece of work.
If you are a new or old Kylie fan, do not hesitate purchasing Fever. It sparkles.
on 3 January 2002
This is Kylie's best album ever!!! Even better than the debut, Kylie which has sold 2 million in the UK alone. I was rather reluctant to buy this record. I loved Can't Get You Out Of My Head, but I wasn't too sure whether to get the album...but I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I did! I thought 'what the hell!' and so I put it on my Christmas list and Santa brought it for me!!!
The album kicks off with More More More (10/10) which is a fantastic dance track and is definitely the best song on the album to kick-start such a top album!!! This is followed by Love At First Sight, another monster dance track that I think will probably be released. The now legendary Can't Get You Out Of My Head is Track 3. This is officially Kylie's biggest hit ever...even surpassing I Should Be So Lucky. You can never get sick of this track. Once you listen to it you can't stop. You certainly want More More More! Although it should have been the biggest selling single of 2001 in stead of Shaggy's pile of crap 'It Wasn't Me'. Still it was the No.1 for 10 weeks on the European Charts and 4 weeks at No.1 in Britain!!! The album's title track, Fever follows with amazing results!!! I wasn't too sure when I first heard it but now I love it. It's not the most up-tempo track on the album but works a treat! Kylie also reaches new heights of rudery with lyrics from Fever such as, "Doctor what do you diagnose/So now shall I remove my clothes?" Shocking Kylie!!! Give It To Me follows with great results. It is a very short track (like the singer!). It's not the best track on the album but all the telephones going off in the background make it so much better!!! Fragile is the albums only "slow" song. This is a mid-tempo track but the slowest song on the album!!! Come Into My World sounds a bit like a track from Madonna's Ray of Light album. This is yet another top track!!! In Your Eyes is the second single to be released from this album in February 2002. This looks set to be another No.1 for Kylie as this is the best track on the entire album!!! Whispered vocals make it sound a little like Can't Get You Out Of My Head so here's hoping it's just as successful! Dancefloor is an O.K. track but is not the best on the album. Love Affair is a super-cool track. It's the perfect summer tune for those holidays in Ibiza! The lyrics are well thought out as well, "Now we've only just begun, we're running out of time. I don't want to think about the sun, no not tonight." Your Love sounds like Please Stay from the Light Years album. The spanish guitar gets playing and really relaxes you! Burning Up is probably the worst track on the album...but is still fantastic!!! This completes the Kylie experience!
Fever is a fantastic album with stunning results. This has to be one of the best albums of 2001.
on 1 January 2002
Following her millennium make-over as the People's Pop Princess, Kylie Minogue returns with a second album in as many years. For this outing the humour that embodied 2000's 'Light Years' has been dropped in favour of dancefloor fillers that borrow heavily from recent club classics. Even some of the song titles are reminiscent of past glories.
The quality of the songs and the production is high throughout, with several tracks such as 'In Your Eyes' and 'Love at First Sight' showing single potential. Matching the success of the album's high point 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' will be difficult but there's just enough variety on 'Fever' to make it possible. Echoes of Saint Etienne surround 'Your Love' and the closing track 'Burning Up' has Kylie bowing out in an addictive dub frenzy. Despite having one less track than the Australian release (why??) 'Fever' is a good example of Kylie doing what she does best: powerful contemporary pop.