on 19 May 2017
I, like many others bought this album purely on the strength of 'How You Remind Me.' As soon as I listened to it a couple of times I found myself constantly humming (well, as best as I could to rock!) the songs all the times. This album as well as being quite rock orientated definately has a grungey feel to it aswell. I really enjoyed listening to it time and time again and has been on my CD player ever since I got it.
Although the quality of this album is really good (in my humble opinion, I find that it was a little bit too short and should have had a lot more material on it.
The lyrics are really good and hard hitting esp. those in 'Never Again' and 'Too Bad' and are wonderfully accompanied by great riffs, not to mention Chad Kroeger's great voice. This is the best album I have heard for ages and I'd advise it to anyone who likes rock and grunge music.
Finally, well done Nickleback for landing Platinum Side Up with silver side up
on 24 July 2017
This is the take off album for Nickelback!
This was a major hit on its release and is still great to this day, what I would say is it has gotten better with age!
This album includes a number of thier greatest songs and is well deserved to be the "go to" album for anyone wanting to listen to them.
As I say it's aged extremely well and is deserving of being in anyone's collection.
Although it's a rock album it reaches to a wide variety of listeners and is generally excellent for almost anyone, even if you don't normally listen to this genre.

Interestingly it's thier 2nd/3rd/4th album, depending on what CD's they produced you consider as albums prior to this one!
on 21 August 2017
EXCELLENT VINYL, VERY GOOD DISC
on 31 July 2013
This may be quite an old album to be buying now, but its really good to hear the roots which have given Nickelback their huge sucess over the years. The progression of the music in this album really reflects on the predecessors 'Curb' and 'The state' in which is more formal and not like any conventional album from the typical stereotype rock band of it's time. The Single 'How you remind me' is a great example of this, and as such, is probably deserved to be their best written songs of their career.

Silver side up is a fantastic listen especially for those who want to delve into a side of nickelback they are not familiar with.
on 19 September 2013
A great album, but the only downside is it is too short. You just get into the swing of things and it's all over. Fortunately I like all of the songs and am happy to hit repeat. Could do with being at least 4 songs longer, or just having a few longer songs on their to extend the run time.
on 24 February 2002
I have never bothered to review anything before but I was so impressed with this album that I felt I had to put my comments here.
I used to listen to groups such as Whitesnake, Ted Nugent, AC/DC etc but in more recent years stopped listening to rock/heavy metal (call it what you will) as it started to move to more grunge and thrash orientated.
This album and group has re-kindled my interest in the rock seen. It is well produced, has instruments that are actually played well, good vocals & lyrics.
I would recommend this to anyone who thinks that in recent years rock has lost its way.
6 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2016
One of my favourite bands & this album doesn't disappoint !
It has superb tracks that you just want to listen too over & over again
A true classic !!!
on 13 June 2018
my sons
on 29 August 2017
Excellent ,came quickly thank you
on 2 January 2018
3th studio album from the best band on the planet I have all there albums and special editions plus the greatest hits, highly recommened