Customer reviews

Funny Girl [DVD] [1969] [German Release]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£6.05+ £1.26 shipping

on 26 February 2016
Having showed Funny giril in 1968 in 70mm 6 track magnectic sound at the columbia theatre shaftsbury avenue i can say that the picture at 1080p
looks great the DTS HD MASTER 5,0 sounds very good but could do with subwoffer
the audio track was taken from the original 6 track mag remixed 5,0 its good to have the orginal play in intermission title playin the music at the end
is the play out in all a exelent 4k restoration
on 30 August 2017
Loved it, wanted to watch it having seen the stage show, it didn't disappoint.
on 30 April 2017
A classic musical. Beutifully restored on Bluray.
on 3 March 2017
Streisand is great in everyway
on 20 June 2017
A story with happy ending. I watched it during the vacation. The performance of all the actors is very realistic. The plot is tortuous. I really like the props in this movie. It's quite realistic. I think I really fell in love with this movie, and I'll watch it a few times.
on 4 June 2013
Ok..enough has been said about this film without me giving my five eggs worth. Needless to say: I love it.

It's the blu-ray you may care about. It looks and sound absolutely incredible. The back says it's had a 4k restoration and it certainly looks amazing.

There's a couple of Streisand 'fluff' featurettes on there too. And a UV Copy.

Audio and subtitles are:
English DTS-HD Master 5.0
French, German, Italian, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.0

Subtitles: English, English (HOH), Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin Simplified), Chinese (Mandarin Traditional), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.

If you love this film then I can highly recommend the upgrade to blu-ray!
on 16 May 2016
Firstly I dislike how the DVD has been formatted as if for a theater/cinema audience with the long overture then an interval all on a blank screen which I couldn't skip. Unnecessary I think.
It was also tricky navigating and not user friendly.
Still, it is nice to have the great value DVD to compliment the original cast vinyl recording that I have.
Having seen the show when it opened in the '60's it was good to see Streisand in Funny Girl again after so many years.
I had also seen the original movie years ago and it reminded me how much they partly ruined the theatre version upon transferring it to film.
Some new scenes are great but I hate the new ballet scene inserted at the time and it is also a shame that 2 numbers were dropped from the original theatre production.
On balance a good enough buy at the price.
on 11 August 2015
I was completely unaware of the regional difference i.e. Region 1 due to it being imported from the U.S.A. so I was unable to play it my DVD player as I do not have a multi regional player. I was so dissappointed as I love this film. However I am able to view it via my P.C.
on 15 January 2016
Streisand at her finest. She does comedy and pathos with equal brilliance and can belt out a tune better than anyone. Unless you have a heart of stone the closing number, "Oh my man I love him so" will have you reaching for the tissues.
on 20 September 2013
How else could a musical fanatic respond to this great bluray treasure.
Thank you so much for the care put into this transfer.