Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£14.04+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 January 2002
For the last year or so I have been listening to 'Progressive house', to be honest it has started to bore me so I decided to find some new sounds to freshen up my CD collection. After reading the online reviews I decided to check out Adam Freeland **WOW**, absolutley amazing. My alltime favourite CD is Sasha Ibiza, but this is on a par! Not quite exactly knowing what Nu Skool breaks were, I was very impressed with the new sound I had discovered. Track 3 "voices" is electrifying with the breaks. Although Track 13 The Egyption by Bushwacka is not the end of the CD it is a finely placed emotional climax to the amazing journey. Adam freeland rocks & I am planning to go & see him play live at a club!!
If you are a first time buyer of Adam Freeland or this genre, give it a go I assure you will be very impressed!!
on 17 October 2001
Adam Freeland is one of a rare breed, not only does he manage to hold down a fantastic residency at Fabric, he also has time to go on tour and release a great CD like this. As you may have guessed or already have been aware, Adam is not a slave to 4/4 music monotony, and on this CD he just seems to extend the gap between himself and others.
His style of Nu Skool Breakbeats are transfered masterfully to this album. Recorded live by Adam on his trusty Minidisc recorder at both massive and intimate gigs, with crowd noise included, gives this a unique live feel reminisent of some of those old hardcore tapes that I'm sure many of you had / still have. Mixed in with the typical Freeland floor rockers are some fantastic exclusives from the likes of DJ Pulse, ILS, Forme, Bassbin Twins, Uberzone and Bushwacka.
So even though you may still have doubts about the power of breaks, do yourself a favor and buy this CD, or you'll miss out on one the best dance albums to have been released for many a year.
on 24 November 2001
I have been a fan of Adam Freeland for a year or so now since hearing his remix of Aquasky's "Bodyrock". I purchased "Tectonics" and was quite rightly blown away. The grooves being blended on this mix are a lot harder and create a huge atmosphere, especially if big grinding sounds are music to your ears. The crowd samples recorded whilst Adam was on tour dj-ing really give a lift to the big bassy tunes. Check 6 Space by ILS (off a mobile phone ad) and a slowed down Phat Cap by drum and bass maestros Cause 4 Concern. I'd have to say that this is the one cd in my collection which sounds like a proper club mix with double layering and Adams own fx galore. A real treat.
on 26 October 2016
This album is not what I ordered I ordered the mixed version and it is not