Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 January 2005
This has to be their best album todate. I first got into Ivy after watching the TV mini series Kingdom Hospital, the track "Worry about you" was used as the title song for the series. While "Worry About you" is a slow sombre affair, this is not the Verve and is the slowest track on the album. The band it's self is a three piece combo, two are married, and also each member has interests in other groups, such as Fountains of Wayne and Paco (the two married ones' spin off band). If you've never heard of these guys you should give them a go. They are New York based, I'd say their sound is very grown up adult pop, the closest I could come to is UK band "All About Eve" their last album called "Ultraviolet" had similar sounds. Back to the album... all the tracks are very good, some do stand out "Edge of the Ocean" "Undertow" "While we're in Love" "I think of you" are all excellent songs. Ivy have a new album out in March 2005, I can't wait. But if you really can't wait try getting hold of "Apartment Life" or the cover album "Guest Room", you'll also find various EPs on the various music web sites as well as Ivy's own web site, there's always "Paco's" first (and only) full album too.
on 1 September 2002
I first heard Ivy on the cult TV series Roswell, which I now believe they are using to help introduce new artists. The track used was "Edge Of The Ocean" which has now been released as a single was played at Isabel's wedding reception. More Chilled than Dido who plays the theme music to Roswell, who is also excellent by the way, I bought her album approx six months before she was really famous, again through hearing her on Roswell. Long Distance, I keep playing over and over again, excellent, more please!!
on 10 June 2002
Excellent. Even though Ivy have been around for a number of years, I only discovered them last year. I'm almost ashamed to say, it was while I was watching one of those teen dramas and Undertow was playing in the background. Anyway, that's just an indication of how good the songs are, because they jump out at you. I think the songs on Long Distance sound more mature that those on Apartment Life. This album definitely suits the current times of 'up-beat chill out'. I'm a little disappointed that Edge of the Ocean is the first single off the album to be released over here, but nevermind. This album is still, simply superb.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 August 2007
'Long Distance' is exactly the kind of album you would wish to have with you if you were going to make a long journey. It's the kind of subtle, seductive ( Being French, lady singer Dominique Durand has a naturally sexy voice!) smoothly flowing album that's ideal for 'taking you to a better place' when driving along boring motorways. Musically and vocally, Ivy's sound reminds me somewhat of Dubstar. Less 'trippy', Ivy have a more acoustic and organic sound but, like Dubstar, have the knack of somehow 'drawing you in' to their sound. It's almost like hypnotism in a way I guess! Best tracks are the gorgeous and sexy opener 'Undertow', single 'Edge Of The Ocean' and the poignant but poppy 'Lucy Doesn't Love You'. With 13 tracks, the album is good value but maybe a little over-long. Towards the end the smoothness of the formula does start to become less appealing and I found myself aching for a 'rock out' number. That said, this is a solid and well produced set that's well worth a purchase and if you've never heard of Ivy I'd advise you to give them a try!
on 23 January 2008
Akin to most of the people who have purchased 'Long Distance' I am ashamed to admit that I only came across the beautiful sound of `IVY' via the theme tune for `Kingdom Hospital' (Love it, have the series DVD box set). Ironically, as wonderful as `Worry About You' is, it is by far and away not the strongest or standout track on the album. Personally, tracks such as `While We're In Love' and `One More Last Kiss' display a greater thought-out and vibrant edge of song writing and the melodies portrayed in wonderful tracks including `Undertow' and `Hideaway' leave you ever coming back for more sittings of the album, fabulous.
on 23 August 2008
Probably the best album that I have bought in a few months, the voice is wonderful. It's all natural, and calming. I bought this because someone was playing the track 'Worry About You' on their video on Youtube. I feel in love with it. I haven't heard of IVy before, but had to buy this album even just for the one song. But infact all the songs are like that first. Well worth buying if your into like Sarah Mclachlan, this will be a good buy for you.
on 18 January 2014
Good tune and was in a particular tv series but unable to recall now. Don't listen to it anymore, probably bored of it!
on 14 December 2011
As have been all my experiences sourcing products via Amazon everything from ordering..payment..despatch and quality of goods has been excellent..hope they dont get too big-headed and let things slip in the future..keep up the good work its nice to have someone you can trust to 'get the job done' these day's...geeski Liverpool.
on 19 May 2016