Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 April 2017
All good condition. Played well no scratches
on 28 August 2001
Mary J is back with avengence in the is great new album. From the seriously sexy 'Dance for Me' which just forces u to move your hips, to the fun 'PMS' and reflective 'No More Drama'it flows from the stereo like liquid silk. If you've never been a major fan then this might just bring your round, it takes you up and brings your down with tunes and beats that you can't help but tap your fingers to and hum quietly on the tube. This album has been worth the wait and is rain on a barren land that brings truly luscious fruits..... give in to the temptation and buy it, I promise you, you won't be sorry you indulged....
on 28 October 2003
The queen of R'n'B has struck again and has successfully managed to produce another excellent album. not only is it original, but it also features quite a few famous rap artists who put the icing on the cake of this marvellous work-of-art. Before her U.K. single 'Family Affair' I must admit, sadly, that I had no idea who Mary J. Blige was or what she was about. but after hearing her song a number of times on the radio, I decided to buy her album and have a good listen to it and was extremely impressed with the quialty of singing that was on it. I then went out and bought all of her other albums and I'm glad that I have invested in them. Better late than never!! I would therefore definitely recommend No MOre DRama for all the R'n'B lovers out there. This one is for you.
on 30 August 2001
The creator of Hip-Hop soul is back and one of the most eagerly awaited albums of 2001 doesn't disappoint.Mary J Blige 5th Album No More Drama is a blend of slick hip hop beats, amazing vocals and funky R'n'B hooks.The album is impeccablely produced with guest producers including,Dr.Dre on first single Family Affair,the Neptunes on the excellent Steal Away,Missy Elliot on Never Been and Jimmy Jam+ Terry Lewis on the title track No More Drama.Each producer allows Marys unique style to shine through and it truely does shine.The pick of the tracks are definately Family affair its just so catchy, Steal away, Crazy Games,No more Drama with its gorgeous piano hook and Where I've Been with the always excellent Eve.One of Mary's stand out characteristics is her ability to convey raw emotion in her music and her ability to convey her pain at failed romances.She succeeds on the first count the raw emotion is still there in alls it glory but the lyrics on this album have changed as Mary's life has progressed.Unfortunately on songs like Dance For Me,Family Affair,Keep it moving and PMS(with the sample of Simply Beautiful by Al Green) the lyrics are pretty pathetic and not up to the usual standard we have come to expect from Mary.Still this album is a real achievement.Mary has again shown the way for Hip-hop soul like her debut album Whats the 411 this album is a breath of fresh air. Its definately one of the best albums of 2001 by a female artist along with Alicia Keys , Sunshine Anderson and Erykah Badu.This is a must for all Mary Fans and also for those who enjoy R'n'B,Hip Hop or soul music as this is a pretty diverse sounding album.Mary is Truely back and with album she is ready to reclaim her crown as the Queen of R'n'B/Hip-hop soul
on 6 September 2001
This album just keeps on growing on me...At first I saw that it clocked in at just under 75 minutes and wondered how much rubbish I'd have to wade through to get to the few standout tracks. But the whole album is a magnum opus, with Mary covering soul, jazz, hip-hop, r&b, and even reciting a poem. (Yep, I groaned and thought this would be painful, but it's actually pretty good, plus she reads it quickly).After a couple of plays you really get into it and want to keep listening to it all in one sitting, the songs melding into each other.But the best thing is her voice- so distinctive. She's also a woman with her own style and makes some of those bragging male hip-hop stars look so immature and negative. One song is even on the theme of PMS, with the backing singers crooning 'P...M...S' whilst Mary talks about how 'my lower back is aching...and my clothes don't fit.' Sheer excellence!!
on 27 May 2005
I know I'm in the minority however I have to stick to my guns and I really wanted to like it, since I loved the singles she released from the album, it was the first and only MJB album I have ever purchased so maybe I'm just not used to her style..There are some great tracks there and I totally respect her work and style for what it is but a lot of the other tracks I found dull and boring..However I am not going to forget it totally, when I feel strong enough I shall listen to it some more!!!
on 1 March 2014
Very pleased with my purchase, I love this album! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. Product described perfectly, seller extremely highly recommended. Thank you very much.
on 3 November 2013
The album has a couple of well-known hits but has also some really good lesser-known songs.

Something that is often rare to get when buying a CD.
on 31 October 2013
Really liked one of the songs on the album so decided to order it . Her voice is brilliant . But some songs i could nt take to.
on 12 April 2014
I love all the music here on the audio CD. It is fantastic and very good for driving to when out.