Customer reviews

Seamonsters
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 April 2011
This is a great album from Wedding Present. It hooks you up from the beginning to the end. It starts with Dalliance which is one of my favourites songs ever! 10/10
on 13 October 2013
Thoroughly recommend this mid-period work from The Weddoes. If you like their earlier stuff then you will not be disappointed with this.
on 8 December 2012
A long loved album from my past- found the old tape gathering dust so I bought it again. A fabulous buy with a lot of extra tracks.
on 23 November 2012
every track on this is superb.perhaps i like it so much because its a lot heavier than thier other stuff
on 26 January 2015
Only one of the best albums ever!!! Something for everyone one on this gathering of musical greatness.
on 28 March 2006
I only discovered the wedding present around 2 years ago. Being a big fan of all types of rock,pop, alternative whatever you call it nowadays - i had heard good things about this band, but the comparisons to the smiths had always prevented me investigating further - as although I do like the smiths I can find them a bit tiresome and whimsical at times.
However upon fidning this little gem for a couple of quid in a shop - i was instantly amazed. The raw power of this album is nothing short of awesome.
The instant i heard 'suck' and 'dare' i knew this was something special. Not only do the lonesome troubled teeange angst lyrics hit home, but the crushing tunes yank on the heart stings and give me that shiver you get when you know your onto something special.
I agree with all the comments made by other reviewers - the balance between intensity and sensitivity is perfect. Please get this album and listen to Dare, suck, heather and the outro to come up and see me. It will give you goosebumps!!
I saw them live at the Leeds festival last year and it reconfirmed their stance as one of the most musically and lyrically powerful to come out of this country.
Highly recommned also is the album Watsui, unfortunately unavailable commercially!
on 20 September 2005
Well I was hooked to the wedding present after hearing this album. This album and it's mate Bizzaro are absolute must have albums for anyone who loves raw guitar power. No fancy guitar leadbreaks, just raw power. In my opinion, there are no poor tracks on either Seamonsters, or Bizarro. This re-issue is superbly packaged and well worth the fiver or so it will cost to purchase. I was so impressed I bought both ablums as extras to my original copies. So hey I am so impressed with these albums, I needed backup copies. Buy it now, Gedge was at his best on this album and even though he moved on to more melodic lines in later years this is still my favourite album from his career so far.
on 28 June 2016
Not as good as Bizarro. There's not enough janglyness - thanks Albini!!.
on 2 March 2016
Its a bit darker and not so punky as previous albums..but still great
on 14 August 2015
Brilliant, I would vote this as their best