Customer reviews

Bizarro
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 December 2010
Every song on this album is unbelievable. One of the greatest LPs ever. I bought it on vinyl 21 years ago and still love it. Amazing tunes, guitar riffs & lyrics. I saw them play it live at Koko in Camden last week. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to!
on 9 January 2014
Fabulous indie rock album from the Weddoes as they are affectionately known. If you like them then you will love and probably already have this so not sure why i am writing this....
on 28 May 2011
Excellent album by The Wedding Present, top quality remastering and great bonus tracks.
A must for any CD collection.
on 6 August 2001
I have just bought this album which was very dear to me in my university fresher year when it was first released. On hearing it for the first time in ages I cannot believe I waited so long to replace the copy that was stolen away by a girl friend so many years ago. Quite simply it is one of the most underated albums in living memory.
If your'e not familiar with the sublime charm of 'the Weddo's', wait no more to aquaint yourself. Imagine the Smiths on speed set to the sound of screaming buzzsaws and you might get some way to describing this unique album. Dave Gedge is a fabulous lyricist - as laconic, melancholic and witty as Morrisey but with a direct, conversational approach that renders a real beauty to the band's immense guitar sound. If you can, get the remastered version, which has intelligent liner notes on the sheer genius of the Wedding Present and even more extra tracks. Also, if your'e a newcomer check out 'George Best' for the earlier, less beefed-up Wedding Present. Here Gedge's bitter-sweet lyrics are set to a more melodic, whirring indie-guitar pop sound that was, and is, perfection.
on 23 November 2015
Great 2nd studio album.NO =WHAT HAVE I SAID NOW? =GRANADALAND.the best of a great album.
on 17 November 2013
One of my all time favorite albums. I brought it went it first came out and used to listen to it on my Walkman all the time. Brought it again recently and it was just as good as I remembered. I like to listen to it when I am running, really gives you motivation!!
on 24 October 2015
Great album and service
on 14 December 2000
Still mulling over the anger, joy, frustrations and questions thrown up by the adventures in relationships, this CD sees David Gedge's lyrics and music take on a slightly darker edge (to be honed by 'seamonsters'.) "Brassneck" is a jumping wall of sound that you can still dance to. At the other end of the CD, "Be Honest" is a gem of subtle, graceful, playful songwriting. And in between the two we are lucky enough to witness all the different shades of Gedges talents. And this CD has a few tracks not on the original album...it's such a treat i have to play it at least each week.
on 4 March 2016