Customer reviews

Adventures on Button Moon [DVD][1980]
Format: DVD|Change

on 1 February 2002
Love it! Absolutely love it!
It was my favourite program as a little girl and it's great that i can now share it with my best friends little girl.
There are a few small things i never noticed before. Like how Mrs Spoon hardly utters a word, so this is not for a feminist and her children to watch!
Kid's cartoons nowadays are full of violence and cartoon baddies being killed by cartoon goodies, this is just good fun with a baked bean can space ship going on mini adventures every day.
Who can say no?!
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2010
Bought this for my 2 year old as a bit of a rebellion against the brightly coloured, loud, fast moving children's tv show around at the moment. I wasn't entirely sure what she'd think of it as it is so different to anything that's around today. But, since the dvd popped through the door it hasn't left the player, she absolutely adores it. The dvd is simple, no added extras or special menus but you wouldn't want or expect that from a release like this. The series is nicely paced for small children, the stories are interesting and surreal but in a way that appeals to even very young children. And of course there is the added bonus that the theme tune makes me smile and if I have to watch it it doesn't drive me insane! It's more old fashioned than I remembered it being, you can see the strings on the puppets, that sort of thing but it all adds to the charm. I think this is a must for all parents driven to distraction by current offerings.
on 19 October 2017
great dvd very pleased with it
on 9 October 2017
Fast delivery.bought as a Christmas present so my sister can revisit her youth. Very pleased
on 14 March 2017
Really good thanks
on 2 May 2017
Great dvd hours of fun
on 1 January 2015
Great item
on 18 October 2017
my kids loving a classic.
on 16 February 2006
This is better than any children's tv show around either on tv or dvd! My 2 1/2 year old son is transfixed by the household items that come to life to make up the characters on Button Moon. The gentle yet stimulating stories really capture his imagination and he acts out what he has seen with such glee! Best of all, I get at least half an hour of peace and quiet guaranteed! If you are thinking of buying this - go ahead - it will be the best dvd you can buy your little bundle of joy!
on 14 December 2005
What can I say? Along with Rainbow, Button Moon is undoubtedly one of the best children's shows from my childhood. Who could forget Mr Spoon, Mrs Spoon and their lovely young daughter Tina Tea-Spoon. It's a classic, and yeah it's a bit naff, but that simply adds to the charm.