on 8 April 2017
Funny
on 12 April 2017
I got this double dvd at a minimal price.
Excellent condition.
on 31 October 2014
I didn't get him at first, but now I can't get enough.

"Back of the net!"
on 30 October 2017
Utter genius! Never gets boring.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 December 2006
This marvellous 1997 series is one to savour. 6 episodes of genius from Steve Coogan and Armando Iannucci. Each episode is a masterpiece in its own right and whilst its difficult to pick a favourite episode I can pick out my favourite moment..

Alan phones down to the Motel reception, and the camera pans back so we can see him sitting on the bed.

"Oh Hello Susan umm slight problem I was a bit bored err so I dismantled my Corby Trouser Press... I err I can't put it back together again... um will that show up on my bill? Right thanks". Alan has all our human failings in him (in this case extreme boredom) and we get to observe them all in cringe worthy (but very funny) detail.

There are many many other great moments: Alan interviewing the Farmers representative (brilliantly played by Chris Morris). The sequence in the car park where Alan is sitting in the car with Lynn and doesn't have anything to say. This leads me neatly on to the extras...

These are marvellous; firstly the commentaries are essential listening, informative, funny and of course you may find out whats in Alan's draw! The outtakes and cuts are very good and the extended version of the car scene with Lynn is well worth seeing. Watching the extras you also find out that not everything you see on the screen was scripted, there was a little bit of improvisation in this series.

This is the best comedy series of the 1990's and I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 11 October 2000
Alan Partridge is undoubtedly Steve Coogan's funniest comic creation and just continues to go from strength to strength. Following him through the six episodes of this series, we see him attempting to rebuild his life after his last series on the BBC was cancelled,and his wife has left him; to hilarious consequences. All of the episodes are absolutely compelling viewing and I would without any shadow of a doubt recommend these videos to anybody who loves comedy. If you have never experienced Alan Partridge before I would also advise that by watching 'Knowing Me Knowing You 1&2' you can see his life before these videos - when he was allowed a TV series by th BBC! One of the main reasons this is so utterly fantastic, other than Coogan's ability to carry off Alan Partridge so sincerely, is a fantastic supporting cast, and the fact that it has been superbly written.
I for one cannot wait to see Alan back on our screens again but until such a time shall continue to watch his videos over and over as they never lose their ability to make me laugh out loud every single time.
The character of Alan Partridge had always been a brilliant creation - in my opinion, he was the standout section of TV's The Day Today - but these six episodes of I'm Alan Partridge illustrate the brilliance of creator Steve Coogan's mind. Moving on from the brilliant yet farcical Knowing Me, Knowing You (or KMKYWAP!)the audience now sees the real Alan at 'home' in his room in the Linton Travel Tavern, with only a 12" plate and tales of Bangkok from geordie Michael for entertainment. This series arouses many emotions within the viewer - Alan had always been seen as a little tragic, a bit lonely, somewhat naive, but I'm Alan Partridge proves this point and emphasises it in style - how can anybody not feel sympathy for a man trapped underneath a cow on a narrowboat in the Norfolk broads?? However, the main reason to enjoy this brilliant series is for the pure laugh-out-loud moments it provides. There are too many to list, but standout scenes include Alan drunk on his home made cocktail "The LadyBoy" (Lager with a Gin and Tonic and Bailey's chaser), the chocolate mousse scene, "There's More To Ireland Dan Diss" scene and many, many more. Not since Only Fools and Horses has a British sitcom made so many people laugh or introduce so many new phrases into the vocabulary of fans. It has recently been announced that Alan series 2 is in the scripting stages and this series is receiving a long overdue DVD release in October. If the new material is anywhere near as good as series one (or indeed Coogan's recent film The Parole Officer - check it out) we will all be in for a treat. Until then, BUY THIS NOW!!!
VINE VOICEon 15 October 2003
So much gets over-praised these days. Even the most banal, forgettable rubbish gets called "genius" or a "must-see", so it's really nice for once to be able to use those words and really mean them! Steve Coogan's creation is nothing short of genius, and he's backed up by a great supporting cast, particularly Lynn, Partridge's long-suffering PA, and Sally Philips as Sophie, the deadpan hotel receptionist. Partridge may be the sort of bloke you'd avoid like the plague in real life, but I can watch him over and over again and still laugh out loud all the way through. There isn't a duff moment in the whole 6 episodes. I find it hard to believe that some people constantly complain about the death of British comedy, who make the breath-taking claim that only the Americans do good comedy these days. "I'm Alan Partridge", "The Office" and "Phoenix Nights" should dispel that myth once and for all!
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2008
This series of Alan Partridge is an absolute hoot. Steve Coogan plays Partridge the hideous and obnoxious has been television presenter to perfection. Partridge is now seperated from his wife and lives at the Linton Travel Tavern. He still works as a presenter but now its on radio Norwich and his show is in the very early hours of the morning. Yet Partridge is convinced he still has something to offer. His belief is commendable but his talent is....well...His own production company is insolvent (the way he dismisses his staff is hilarious) as his promotional video for a local boating company. Its a joy to watch time and time again. Its not just the sheer brilliance of the writing. Its the facial expressions of Partridge along with the excellent cast who support him. I will never tire of Partridge and his hilarious escapades. If you haven't got this yet then acquire it quickly - you will not regret it!
on 31 March 2005
WOW, I got the DVD had way back watched them and just watched them again. WOW, Steve Coogan is a Genius. If you are looking of a quirky comedy then this is it. Each episode is different and makes you laugh for entirly different reasons. Some obvious and some not. 'ALan's Fact of the day' and comments on songs are hilararious. "That was Roxanne by The Police, now known as 'Sting'. All I can say both series are wonderful! but them both 6 Hours which will have you hocked and quoting parts to you friends!