Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 April 2016
Love this album and bought a copy to replace my previous one that got lost ! ! Lifehouse are a great band but not too well known here in the UK. Can definitely recommend this and the rest of the band's albums ! !
on 18 May 2017
Another great album by Lifehouse!
on 10 December 2001
Lifehouse's debut album 'No Name Face' will fit perfectly into anyone's record collection. It's comprised of 12 powerful and emotional songs, which are helped by the sultry voice of Jason Wade, the band's 21-year-old singer/songwriter. While 'Hanging By A Moment' may be Lifehouse's breakthrough single, the other songs on this album should not be overlooked. Stand out tracks include the mellow 'Sick Cycle Carousel', the thought provoking 'Simon' and the fast paced 'Quasimodo'. However, the album's crowning piece is the last track 'Everything'. With beautifully written lyrics and a break-out mid-song that is as powerful as it is enchanting, it ends the album perfectly and gives the impression of a band that knows their music -- and executes it extremely well. Their music is timeless and I will always love this disc!
on 8 October 2001
I first heard 'Hanging By A Moment' in America, and as soon as i came back to England i went out and bought the album. The first time i listened to the album i enjoyed it, but as i listened again and again i came to LOVE it. it's probably the only one of my CDs (aside from matchbox 20) on which i like every single song.
it's difficult to say which songs are best as they are all so great. for a slightly rock feel, go for 'Quasimodo', 'Unknown' and 'Somebody else's song'. The more matchbox 20 style, singalong chorusy ones are 'sick cycle carousel' and 'cling and clatter', and 'trying' and 'breathing' are the really chilled out songs.
i guess my favourite song on the whole album would have to be 'somwehere in between', with its totally mellow atmosphere and heart-wrenching tune & lyrics.
If you never listen to this album you will be missing out on some of the most touching and emotive songs ever. BUY IT.
on 30 August 2002
I bought this album on the strength of the fantastic 'Hanging by the Moment' single, and I was expecting a full album of songs like that. So when I listened to the cd for the first time, I couldn't help but feel under whelmed by so many slow, chill out songs. But I listened to it a few more times, and it started to grow on me, and now it's one of my favourite records. It's easy to miss the heart felt vocals, deep lyrics and wonderful melodies after just one listen, but if you persist then you really start to uncover each songs hidden beauty. And you'll be thinking 'this songs pretty good, how come I never noticed it before now?'
The album is very strong, the best songs besides the obvious 'Hanging by the Moment' are 'Simon' and 'Unknown', but all the tracks are extremely impressive, especially for such a young band, making only their first proper release.
So rock fans expecting a rock album, be aware that the only really rock song on this record is 'Hanging by the Moment' the rest of the album is a lot more laid back. But in this case, that not a bad thing.
Overall this is a great record, but it’s not the type of record I first expected it to be.
on 12 September 2003
This album is by far one of the best albums I have ever listened to and that's not an exageration. From start to finish I doubt any other album has the depth in lyrics that Jason Wade managed to write when he was only 20. Don't get me wrong, in a lot of ways the album will not be to all peoples tastes but, if you enjoy American alternative rock music like the The Calling, Train or Matchbox 20 then you will love this. There are a number of highlights on this but, ignoring Hanging By A Moment (because in my opinion that is the weakest track on the album - although it is amazing live) I would have to draw your attention to the the heartwrenching story of Simon. After this it's really a lottery between Sick Cycle Carousel, Breathing, Quasimodo, Somewhere In Between and the magnificent Everything about which is superior. This album has something for every mood and I urge you to buy it, put it on your CD player and just listen to the lyrics of the songs because I guarantee you will find a song on this that will 'speak' to you on one level or another. Don't be fooled by a lack of chart success - it will surely come so jump on the bandwagon early and enjoy this phenomanal band.
on 3 May 2005
this album is quite possibly the most powerful one ive ever heard
it is right up there with linkin park's "hybrid theory" & "meteora", nirvana's "nevermind" and 3 doors down "the better life" & "away from the sun". if you are an emotional person, not emotionally aggressive but emotional as in u have a true caring for others and when u fall in love with someone u fall in love hard and fast, then you will love this album. it is awesome anyway, but if u listen to this album when u are falling in love with someone, it will be unlike anything you have ever expierienced in music before. take it from someone who has been there. this album is one of the greatest of all time.
on 14 March 2005
I first heard Lifehouse on Smallville's pilot episode, when they played 'Everything'. Smallville played this beautiful song again in two more episodes, and even though I hadn't heard any other songs by Lifehouse, I knew I wanted their album! Didn't regret it- they quickly became my favourite band.
Jason Wade writes each song with such honesty, and sings them in such a hauntingly beautiful way.
'Everything' has been my favourite song since hearing it back in 2001. I also love 'Somewhere in Between', as it relates on a personal level, as I'm sure it does for many people. 'Sick cycle carousel' 'simon' and 'breathing' are my other favourites, in an album where I honestly love each and every song- that doesn't happen often!
Really looking forward to their 3rd album, and to their live appearance on Smallville!!
on 15 May 2004
No Name Face is an outstanding debut album from the band that are taking America by storm. And who would wonder with their hit smash "Hanging By A Moment" (which became the most played song radio). Think Kurt Cobain meets The Calling and you will be someone near what this band sound like, but theirs more to them -such depth, such clever musicianship. "Sick Cycle Carousel" is possible the best track on the album, and "Trying" combines mandolin with cello. The most moving track is "Simon," a song about abuse, and a reall highlight is the song "Everything". The lyrics deal with the spiritual questions of life and do it in a non-preachy way. This is an exsquisette album!
on 13 April 2005
I first heard lifehouse around the end of 2000 and have loved them ever since. 'No Name Face' is THE best cd I've ever listened to. It starts off with the amazing single 'Hanging By A Moment', and continues on with eleven other great songs. Personal favourites would be 'Simon' which is so comforting when you're down, and 'Everything' which is just a brilliant song. I was left speechless the first time I heard it. Anyway, this album will be a favourite for anyone who gives it a try. Give their new albums a try as well because they're just as brilliant. Jason Wade is an excellent song-writer and you cant help but love his deep lyrics. Give it a try, you wont regret it.